No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find the funny (part3)

Hi,

While researching the agents and production companies that are supposed to receive the winning scripts I stumbled onto a website that listed both Flower Films and Happy Madison as two such companies. Has anyone else seen this? The list on the "Find The Funny" website does`nt mention them.

Thanks

TmL

What does anyone know about the Find the Funny screenplay contest, or even the site itself? I stumbled across the contest and want to enter, but don't know the site's reputation.

Any other comedy script contests anyone can recommend?

Comment

Big ol' thread or two, further down. They might help.

Comment

I'm confused. Is there a fee to submit a pitch or is it free?

Comment

It's free to send in a pitch. If yours is picked, you get to enter the contest for free.

Comment

Has anyone heard yet? Any emails gone out?

Comment

Kim

Did you see where they had extended the deadline till 12-21-04 for entries into Pitch Slam? This is the first time I have enter a pitch and I have no idea how long it takes for them to pick a winner.the deadline to submit a script is 12-31-04 so they have to act fast I would think.

Keep us posted if you hear anything.

TmL

Comment

I am just finalising the 3rd Draft of my first ever script - The Deal, and am quite excited about this competition. Entered the Pitch Slam and of course am expecting to win it as I am the competition...not sure if that is arrogance, inexperience or hope talking?

Only time will tell.

Comment

It's probably psychotic that I know this, but last month they emailed the finalists three days after the deadline. That would be today. That's why I was asking if anyone had gotten an email yet.

I'm still entering the contest, even if I don't get in for free through the pitch slam. Only problem is I have four comedy scripts and have no idea which one to enter. Oh yeah, and there's only like 10 days left to get it rewritten and submitted :lol

I wish they would hurry up and post the darned finalists. I'm terrible at waiting.

Comment

Kim,

What little I know about screen writing is that waiting seems to go hand in hand with the biz.

The few attempts I have made at log line and pitching is that I`m not very good at it so when it comes to the pitch slam competition you have nothing to fear from me.

TmL

Comment

Docohio,

Don't feel bad. I've been at it for a while now and I still suck at loglines and pitching, hence the fact that I haven't been a pitch slam finalist yet and I've entered multiple pitches every single month :lol

Comment

Well keep the faith and keep trying. I posted my Log Line for my ROM COM "The Ramp Patch" and from the comments I quickly realized I have a very long way to go.

If you hear anything at all from the pitch slam please let me know as I`m sure I WON`T be hearing from them this time.

Happy Holidays to you all (and to all a good night)

TmL

Comment

Just got an email. I'm finally in.

And incase anyone was wondering, they're not extending the deadline. It was worth a try, though :lol

Comment

Whoo! Congrats!

Does "finalist" mean that you're one of the top five, and get a free entry, or that you're going to the next round to be judged?

Comment

Kim,

Great news, I could`nt be happier if it were me. Now that`s a lie but you know what I mean.

When do they announce the winner and the 5 finalists?

TmL

Comment

Working...
                              X