Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Situation: Comedy

Made the cut! But...I'm worried about the video we had to make to move on. That was an experience! Did anyone else make it? I was stunned when that email popped up!

So that's what it feels like when salt is poured into a fresh open wound? hmmm....:eek

Congrats, good luck with the next round.

wenonah <--- edited cause I can't spell my name

Comment

Situation comedy

Can you give the rest of us some details about when and how contact was made...who contacted you and if you've come into contact with other finalists?
      What's the next step for you?

Inquiring minds want to know...what we can't experience ourselves.

Cheers!8o

Comment

Re: Situation comedy

First of all congrats on advancing. Very cool.

Next, the interrogation...

A.) When did you turn in your scripts?
        B.) When were you contacted by Bravo?
        C.) When did you have to turn in your tape?
        D.) Is this the only place you've talked about advancing?

Comment

Re: Situation: Comedy (Yikes...sorry)

Mea culpa--I posted before I saw the threads about all the folks waiting to find out, so...the salt in the wounds comment is warranted, and I'm really sorry. I didn't post elsewhere, though I looked, later, at Zoetrope after I DID finally read that thread, but found no mention of the contest there. I was surprised that Bravo didn't really announce the names, too, BTW, the way PGL does.

Now to answer the questions:

A.) When did you turn in your scripts?

I turned it in about midway through, I think--I found out about it from a friend a couple of weeks after it was announced, but I can't remember exactly! Sorry, yet again.

B.) When were you contacted by Bravo?

I was contacted by email on October 10th. I didn't get the follow up phone call that some others got, possibly because I emailed right back, saying I had no questions and would get the tape in, pronto.

C.) When did you have to turn in your tape?

The tape needed to be in Oct. 18th, yesterday, and I got an email today saying they'd received that and all the other paperwork that had to go in with it. I have to say it was daunting, trying to answer all seven questions in 3 minutes, but I guess that's the length of the average pitch--the initial part, anyway!

Again, next time I'll read through before posting.

D.) Is this the only place you've talked about advancing?

Yep. It is, as I said. And...again, sorry.

Comment

LOL, hey it's okay... if I would have advanced I would be posting everywhere! Congrats again ~ I hope you continue to keep us informed - good luck!

wenonah

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Since Bravo is being frustratingly silent I have to play PI in order to put the pieces together.

Essentially, we're getting word from those like yourself who did advance, but Bravo is saying no final decision has been made and they're still reading.

In other words, I'm excited for you, but I'm still holding out hope for me :lol

Let us know how it goes, especially if you get chosen for the final two. That way we know who to vote for.

Comment

HUGE CONGRATS!

Good for you on making it to the next round. Please keep us posted. I wish you well!
                --Zoe

Comment

Re: HUGE CONGRATS!

Thanks so much! I'll keep you posted as much as I can. I'm in the dark here, too, as to the next deadline date, all that. And as for the still reading thing...they are still reading. But now it's the producers and network execs themselves, not just the preliminary readers. And they're reading the final 50, as far as I know, to winnow it down to 5. But we'll see--this one could be very different from Project Greenlight, meaning they might be doing things in "batches." So they could still be picking that first 50 for all I know!

At any rate, good luck to all! Whatever the process...

Comment

geevie, it's over hun. it's over.

vig

Comment

It'll never be over <insert evil laugh here>.

But fine. I didn't want to be on their silly ol show anyway. :b

I was going by what Bravo said, and they said the final 50 had not yet been chosen, that they were still reading submissions.

Apparently no one knows what is going on, even the people at Bravo itself.

I'm not real impressed with how they've handled it so far, I can tell you that much.

Comment

what doesn't kill you... find the sun through the clowds. blah, blah, blah.

i thought it was very well written and was funny. bravo doesn't like funny and well written.

vig

Comment

I'm not giving up on it. Scriptapalooza's TV comp is coming up and they take pilot scripts.

I figure if I just fix that first scene in the living room it'll be as near perfect I know how to make it at this point.

To quote Galaxy Quest.. never give up. Never surrender.

Comment

Apparently no one knows what is going on, even the people at Bravo itself.
                            From the other thread:
                            The # below is the # to call, not Bravo. Shapiro/Grodner Productions at 818-325-6900

Comment

That was the number we called.

Then we were given an email address at Bravo.

The email was never answered.

Comment

Working...
                              X