Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fade In screenplay competition

Unlike virtually all the others, this one is open now, until 17 Nov.
    (The others seem to open 1st quarter 2005.)

I've searched this board and seen very little about this contest.

Does anyone have any comments at all?

I just rewrote one of my scripts, and will be submitting it to this contest. Somewhere on this board someone said this contest was the sixth most important contest (after Scriptapalooza) as far as its value to the screenwriter.

One of my scripts was a Quarterfinalist in Fade-In last year - so I'm one of their fans! Hoping to do better this year. Good luck to you if you enter.

-Sandy

Comment

I won one of the genre categories this year. Nobody noticed (no calls) and I have yet to receive the prizes eight months later. I won't be entering again.

kullervo

Comment

Fade In

Kullervo,

I'm just curious - - did you ever end up using your genre win to try and sell your script? In a query letter or otherwise? I know that many of us think with a win from an industry contest, we think we'll have a better chance of at least getting read. If this is untrue, please enlighten us with your experience.

I'm sorry that you didn't get the respect you and your work deserve.

G.G.

Comment

Re: Fade In

If I believed query letters got read...

This was actually my experimental contest year. I wanted to see if anybody paid attention to any contests other than the Nicholl. I've won five this year with three scripts, for a total of $18,000, and a grand total of eight script requests (two of those were from the same producer, who forgot she'd asked for and rejected the same script earlier in the year.) Another request actually came as a result of an alumni listserve posting about a win. Beyond that it's been very small prodcos and one agent you wouldn't sign with on a dare.

One script went out last week with a director attached, so that's where hope dwells right now. And that came together because the director is a friend of a friend. The contest wins only served to set a little fire under his manager, so that helped.

Contests have been good to me (I've paid the rent with them this year). But if you're looking for industry attention, wait until May and enter the Nicholl.

I should further say that my largest win thus far happened a week ago, so we'll see if it leads to anything.

k

Comment

Right now, I'm wondering how well Gillyflower's career is going.

Comment

Got my check on Friday. Certified mail, wrapped in a blank sheet of paper. No news on the Waterman pen or the story notes.

kullervo

Comment

kuellvo, you're the rodney dangerfield of donedeal.

vig

Comment

I want that &#$^*@# pen.

k

Comment

Working...
                  X