Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Rugoff - Screenplay Showdown

Your website says all entrants will be notified of their final status by 9/15, but will you be announcing semifinalists or finalists before then?

From an email response from Mr. Rugoff:
    Semis (we're not having a quarter final round) should be announced
    around Labor Day.

Comment

April:

You're the one! Thanks for the updates on the contests.

John

Comment

April,

You're doing well in the other contests. Have you heard anything from this one? Labor Day has come and gone and still no word here in WV.

John

Comment

John - no, but I emailed Mr. Rugoff again today.

Comment

April,

Good deal. Best of luck!

John

Comment

John - Mr. Rugoff wrote back and said they're still waiting on a couple of judges to finish reading over this weekend, but letters are expected to go out all together by the 15th.

Comment

April, the website says

All Applicants Will Be Notified of Their Final Status By September 15, 2004
                Guess I can hold out 'til then. Not looking to win, but would be nice to show. >D

Thanks for the updates,

John

Comment

So they're going to send letters before posting any information online to, say, Moviebytes.com--or to their own website?

Anyone know?

Comment

I would assume they'll post the results on their own website, if not tonight - by the end of the week.

www.nashscreen.com/nashscreen/

It's only a guess, but I would think they'd notify the winners by phone like some other prominent competitions. Be nice to get a call from Mr. Rugoff himself if you placed in the top three.

We'll see

G.G.

Comment

Thanks, Greta123.

Comment

Showdown

Sorry for not checking in here sooner! Usually the quickest way to get my attention is via e-mail ([email protected]), but I can tell you the final days of the first round are extremely hectic.

Letters were mailed to all applicants on Tuesday. We don't send any notifications out until they are all ready to be mailed. I know it's a bit old-fashioned these days, but I prefer to send a letter instead of e-mailing results.

The names of the semi-finalists have been posted at www.nashscreen.com.

Sincerely,

Ed Rugoff
                        Screenplay Showdown

Comment

Re: Showdown

Way to go April!!!

Comment

I got dinked (with a nice note from Ed). Congrats April, looks like you're burning up the contests this year.

Comment

Thanks john & Stinger.

Stinger - see you in Austin? Will you be wearing the Spidey suit and doing the hustle? And FWIW, I'm not really burning up the contests this year; for that, google this guy named "Colin Preston". Criminy, he places in every g.d. contest he enters! He must be pretty good, and pretty consistent. He's semi'd in the Nashville, and I wouldn't doubt he's done the same in the Austin. He's the one to watch.

Comment

Working...
                              X