Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Slamdance Horror -- Rip Off???

Let's say they have at least 10 readers. 500 scripts in 2 weels = 250 a week = 25 per reader per week = just over 3 a day... and there are people in the biz who read 10 a day.

Plus, in a contest, you can usually tell after the first sentence if a script has chance or not. (Most of the scripts will not be good, and you are looking for scripts that might win, rather than scripts that might meet some production need).

Since the coverage is an extra fee, they really only have to read the non-coverage scripts far enough to know that they aren't winners. Though they probably do a quick read of the entire script. I could read 3 scripts a day of I didn't need to wrote any notes on the script.

- Bill
    Free Script Tips:
    http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Thanks joe9alt! I used your link to explore their site better this time, and saw their "sample coverage" page.

http://slamdance.com/screencomp/sample_coverage.html

Looks like a pretty good overview/coverage (well, to my untrained eye) for $40 (but yeah, I see your point that's on top of entry fees)

I wonder, Does anyone here at DD with a better grasp of feedback/coverage think that's decent feedback, or not?
      sigpic
      "As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world -
      that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves."
      -Mahatma Gandhi.

Comment

joe9alt,

I got two reads on my script, and those are the EXACT same two readers that I had.

A friend of mine, who entered the contest with multiple scripts, had reader 47454 on most of them. The reader listed the same strength (Character) and weakness (Structure) on all of our scripts.

Jen

Comment

Ah well...whattya gonna do...was worth a shot.

I'm sure whoever wins the 10K/production deal prize is gonna be singin' their praises.
          "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Does anyone know the title of a movie or movies produced and released from the Slamdance Contest winners (Horror genre, or the other Slamdance comps) ???

It'd be interesting seeing what comes out of the contest. Proj Greenlight at least has them you can go rent (and I praise FEAST like I should)
            sigpic
            "As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world -
            that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves."
            -Mahatma Gandhi.

Comment

I don't know if it was a Slamdance winner but producer Lee Daniels discovered the script for THE WOODSMAN while he was a judge for Slamdance's regular contest several years ago.
              "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Working...
              X