Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affleck on SNL

Does anyone know what Affleck meant when he showed up on SNL's Weekend Update last night and joked about how he's been trying to get in touch with Matt Damon about "This Project Greenlight mess"?

BTW, I thought he was a pretty good sport to make a joke about how he walked out halfway through Paycheck to demand his money back before he realized he was in it.

Affleck on PGL 3

Can't wait for PGL3. It's going to be a great show- maybe not a great movie, but a great show. After reading both drafts of "Feast" it wouldn't surprise me if it's a massive clusterf*ck. Lots of land mines including production design, creature design, and most importantly, the tone of the film (the director looked like he was into cereberal, psychological horror, while the writers were more "Evil Dead 2" tongue in cheek, B-movie horror). This is a case where the writers probably would've been better off directing it themselves like an "Evil Dead" or a "Cabin Fever" (then again, this is all speculation, the director could be great).

Nothing against the writers or the director, in fact my prayers go out to them (and I'm not even religious). Your first big job would be tough in any circumstance, but to have it filmed for reality TV? Ouch. Plus having Miramax watching your every move after two failed movies? Plus having the fate of PGL4 in your hands? Maybe Affleck was joking and they've got the next "Scream" on their hands, but I'm thinking it was more of a cry for help.That's entertainment!

Comment

Does anyone know what Affleck meant when he showed up on SNL's Weekend Update last night and joked about how he's been trying to get in touch with Matt Damon about "This Project Greenlight mess"?
      I don't know how big of a joke that really is, as Damon has already stated he was miffed when the studio basically chose Feast without anyone else's input. At that point, Affleck and Damon became just figureheads of PGL - even more so than they were in Season 1 or 2, where at least Affleck, Damon and Moore had some input into the winners.

Comment

Damon

as Damon has already stated he was miffed when the studio basically chose Feast without anyone else's input
        where did you read that?

Comment

Re: Damon

There was a link on Kickass (before they deleted the PGL group) where Matt stated (and I'm paraphrasing here) that the studio guys essentially walked in, stated Feast was the movie, and then walked out.

But like Damon and Affleck also said, it's their money.

Here's a similar comment from an article, and though it may not be exactly like the statement I remember reading, it still gets the same point across:

www.moviehole.net/news/4140.html

"Damon laughs when asked how much decision he had in deciding which movie the winner gets to make. "You'll see on one of the first episodes of Project Greenlight me having this big argument - a total meltdown actually with the guys from [studio] Dimension. They walked in and basically chose that movie Feast for us. It was supposed to be a community decision. I was like what the @#%$ is going on?" he chuckles."

Comment

Working...
          X