Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody hear from Acclaim?

So it turns out I made finalist at Acclaim TV. Not that I was actually notified; I just saw that they had an announcement on Moviebytes, so I clicked, scrolled down, and there I was.

Has anyone had a personal notification, either from Acclaim Screenplay or Acclaim TV? I know they ask you to include a SASE with your application, and I'm pretty certain I did so. I've entered a few times before, and always received a letter with a personal note about my script. Obviously, it doesn't much matter one way or the other, since I already know what my placement was, but I'm just curious as to whether they're still doing the letter thing.

I entered Acclaim's TV competition the last go-round and found out the results much like you -- saw the announcement on moviebytes, clicked, and saw that I'd made the finals. Never heard a word from contest organizers, nothing. I won't be entering their competition again.

Comment

That's how Zoetrope worked. You send in your money and script and you never hear from them again. If you want to know who placed or won, you have to look it up on their website. No intervening announcements or updates.

Comment

When I got home a couple of nights ago, I had a call on my recorder from a film company wanting to read my script. He said something about the Acclaim contest. I went to the Acclaim site and saw I was among the finalists. This is my first script so I have little experience with contests. Only one of the four or so I entered contacted me. Being a newbie, I just assumed that was the norm.

Take care, Jim

Comment

Working...
        X