No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Film Fest DISCOUNTS

Holy Cow!

Many of you know that Austin has always been good about giving screenwriting groups discounts. I was just searching their webpage and they're now offering a 20% registration discount to 2004 Nicholl entrants and ASA members.

They also have discounted airfare and hotel rates...

Susan

drat

I'm already registered and no discount, except for the hotel room.

Comment

What about airfare?

If you haven't already bought a plane ticket, you can still get a discount through the festival if you want to fly American.

If you're in LA, Southwest has a promotion from LAX to Austin that ends up being $201.30 roundtrip.

Good luck,
      Susan

Comment

re: What about airfare?

suz -
        I can't help but think you work for the AFF.

Comment

No, but maybe I should

I take that back. As much as I like them, they work too hard.

I've always enjoyed myself in Austin and have met some of my best friends, writer or otherwise, at the conference. I also went to UT so my fondness for the festival stems from already loving Austin as a city.

I've also been to other "industry" seminars, one in Chicago and a couple in LA. They don't compare in terms of knowledge, networking, or atmosphere. The biggest difference, though, is that the panelists in Austin are *really* accessible whereas in LA, they practically have armed guards keeping us, the riff-raff, from them. In Austin, there's no feeling of being The Great Unwashed.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox now.

Susan

Comment

Working...
          X