Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Film Festivals

I just finished filming a low budget film..... nothing special, just something small that i knew i could do on my own and pay for with the very little money that I had saved up.....

Now I'm looking into where I send it, as in film festivals. I'm in Australia so I'm not sure if I have to get the film recognized over here before I can send it over seas.

If anyone has any advice they can give me it would be much appreciated. Even stuff like film festival websites etc.....

Cheers

Voges

Voges --

I remember you - I'm glad to hear you went and made your film! Congrats... As for festivals, the peeps 'round here are more screenwriters than filmmakers, so you should check out some video forums
    dvinfo.net
    creativecow
    2pop

etc. etc. and start figuring out how & where to showcase your film.

Best,
    theturnaround

Comment

Congratulations on finishing your first film. Now it's time for the lonely, expensive, heart breaking and only occasionally exhilarating process of film festival submissions. While I've been through this many, many times, I can't give better advice than Chris Gore of Film Threat does in his excellent book, The Ultimate Film Festival Survival Guide. Get this book immediately. The only thing I would say is submit strategically. Find the festival you most want to premiere at and submit your way down in order of preference. A premier can bone you for other festivals as I learned when Cannes asked me to submit but withdrew their offer when they found I'd already played Toronto.

Also check out this intriguing festival:
      www.timanderic.com/new_movies/cats.mov

Comment

also check out withoutabox.com

Comment

Thanks guys,

Wish me luck.... starting the editing next week, plus composing music and stuff.... turns out i've got a little more filming to do.

I just got to say that the whole "everything that can go wrong will go wrong" is true........ everything went wrong, and still is... but been working through it and it seems at the moment that it should actually turn out all right.

Thanks again

Voges

Comment

Film festivals sources...

Check;
            www.moviebytes.com www.ifilm.com www.filmfestivals.com www.sundance.org www.indieclub.com www.mandy.com www.productionhub.com www.filmcommissionhq.com www.dga.org.

Get FFT magazine.

8)

Comment

Working...
            X