Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PGL TOP SIX SCREENPLAYS

PGL announced the top six screenplays (a six-way tie, they say), as follows:

A BEDTIME STORY by Segway_Rider

DOES ANYBODY HERE REMEMBER WHEN HANZ GUBENSTEIN INVENTED TIME TRAVEL? by richardlcarr99

FEAST by pmel

MANEATER by Naamaire

THE SIXTH STREET BOYS by rgolchuk

WILDCARD by mlmoseley

Congratulations all!

I second the grats to all those that made it!

PapaCap
    :hat

Comment

Congrats to the finalists, and...

PGL actually allows you to download the top 6 scripts. Has anyone read any of the 6 yet? Who's your horse in this race?

Comment

Re: Congrats to the finalists, and...

guilty pleasures that's fantastic that you asked that. I hope that people do go and read the scripts and pick their favorites.

I have been trying to find the time to read some, and my printer isn't working very well, or I'd print up a few and take them camping w/ me this weekend.

I highly encourage people to read them and give no holds barred, honest opinions about them.

PLEASE!!!

Comment

What's the urgency, muse, are you one of the final six? Anyways, I heard all the scripts have to be rewritten before the winner is picked.

Comment

I happened to read Wildcard during round one. I'm pulling for it on sentiment. I read the others a few days ago -- Feast was the best of the rest.

Comment

the six

I've only had time to read the first 20 to 30 pages of 5 of the 6 finalists. So far I'm digging Bedtime Story. Not bad at all. Working on something myself now, but when I get time I'd like to read more of each, especially Bedtime Story.

It'd be interesting to see--if the writer of Bedtime Story participates on these boards--what scores s/he received from peers in the scoring and if there was any uncalled for "hosing". This script didn't deserve any "hosing" (at least based on the few pages I read) but I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried it anyway.

Comment

Re: the six

It'd be interesting to see--if the writer of Bedtime Story participates on these boards--what scores s/he received from peers in the scoring and if there was any uncalled for "hosing". This script didn't deserve any "hosing" (at least based on the few pages I read) but I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried it anyway.
                LMAO. Actually, I bashed this script pretty badly on another message board. A few days later, the writer showed up and was really disappointed by the reaction -- not just me, though ... several of us didn't like it much.

I've read Feast, Bedtime Story, and Hanz Gubenstein. Out of the three, I liked Feast the most, although it had very little character development or backstory (maybe for the sequel), so I didn't care about any of the characters. It had a lot of action, so it would probably be the most fun to watch, but I couldn't figure out whether it was a spoof or if he was simply stealing from other films (Demon Knight, Tremors, Pitch Black, From Dusk Til Dawn, etc.)

Comment

Re: the six

What are the genres of the six scripts?

Comment

Winning scripts

Augie - you can download them and find out.

I did this, had a quick look at the beginnings and decided I couldn't be bothered...

Feast's second sentence is "There's not a cloud in the blue sky and the wind is at a standstill"

-- Thus putting straight into the reader's mind images of "clouds" and "wind" -- and then you have to think "not".

Maybe I'm too much of a perfectionist...

Comment

Re: Winning scripts

xtz,

You're being way too hard. FEAST is a good read. Some great humor and fun gory action. This script could be made into a fun movie.

Comment

Possibly

Perhaps, probably -- but I'll never find out about sentences #3 to #xxx -- and all because of that lousy #2. The beginning is SO I M P O R T A N T...

[Shakes head and clicks "yes" for "empty the recycle bin"...]

Comment

I haven't read them yet but -- riddle me this:

How can wind stand still?

Either there is wind.. or there isn't.....

Ah well --

I'll be reading them soon.......

Comment

Exactly! That sentence doesn't understand visuals and it doesn't understand wind.

Comment

Re: ......

Dood, have you ever read a script? They do that stuff all the time. Who cares if that line of description can be filmed? The director will worry about it. What matters is how the script reads. The writers are trying to create a mood and atmosphere. If it was that much of a snafu, Miramax wouldn't be considering "Feast" as a one in six chance at production.

Comment

Working...
                              X