I am Looking for a Screenwriter Group/ Club to Join in L.A.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am Looking for a Screenwriter Group/ Club to Join in L.A.

Hi,

I live in Glendale and was wondering if anyone knew of any screenwriter groups that I could join. I used to live in Wisconsin and was a part of the Wisconsin Screenwriters Forum, and wanted to join something similar out here.

Any information is appreciated.

Thank you.

GROUPS

One of the biggest screenwriting groups
    in LA meets in GLENDALE on the first
    Saturday of every month at the Glendale
    library.

It's called the Alameda Writers' Group.

Comment

Re: I am Looking for a Screenwriter Group/ Club to Join in L

Alameda is a good group. Also check out Scriptwriters Network (and actual non-profit org) that meets the 2nd Saturday on the lot at Universal.

- Bill

Comment

hey lebowski

the website for Scriptwriters Network is:
        www.scriptwritersnetwork.com

They organize writing groups in a couple of different ways -- the website has bunch on that.

If you end up going to the meeting on the 12th, I'm helping them with new member intake -- stop by and say hi.

Other than that, I have found some of the extension courses at UCLA a good plce to meet people interested in forming writing groups....

Comment

I just got back from the Alameda Writer's Group General Meeting. I had a great time. The speakers were interesting and the people were friendly. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Thanks for the heads up on this wonderful group.

If I get a chance, I'll take in the Scriptwriters Network Meeting next week.

Comment

lebo, where were you? i am the woman who told marc i got divorced and then i read the announcement. (i'm not divorced, i was getting revenge for the low-cut top remark he made. )

i reco the screen sigs which are on monday nights. the fiction and novel sigs are great too.

www.alamedawritersgroup.org
            www.vancesoft.com/awg

Comment

Actually, I hold a screenwriters group in Glendale that meets at my apartment every Monday from 7-10pm. Among us, we have a reader, a sold writer, a producer/director/writer, contest winners and finalists ... and above that, we all love movies.

We are currently looking for members -- maybe someone who can bring up my spirits after all three of my scripts in PGL's Top 100 were passed over -- so if you're interested, please send a short screenwriting sample to [email protected].

Comment

Yeah, i saw you there kimbro. I was sitting toward the back. I don't know if you were there when Marc was going around the room asking what types of things the visitors wrote, but I said bizarre off-the-wall comedies. I was wearing a blue polo shirt.

Comment

I came in just after that.
                  Welcome!

Too bad the thing with Gary Ross got canceled.

Comment

also check out:

screenwriters meetup board

Comment

Guess that's a no.

Comment

Working...
                      X