Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nashville Screenwriters Conference

Interested in launching your career as a screenwriter or finding creative inspiration?

Donâ€TMt miss the 6th Annual NASHVILLE SCREENWRITERS CONFERENCE, taking place June 4-6, 2004 at the Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt University.

The Nashville Screenwriters Conference celebrates its 6th year as a premier event in which participants can meet and learn from established writers, directors, producers, talent agents and film industry executives.

Conference co-founders Karen Murphy (who produced â€A Mighty Windâ€, â€Best in Showâ€, â€This is Spinal Tap†and â€Drugstore Cowboyâ€) and Les Bohem (who wrote the Steven Spielberg Emmy-award-winning Sci-Fi channel hit â€Takenâ€, â€Twenty Bucks†and â€Danteâ€TMs Peakâ€) are bringing blockbuster writers, directors, producers and studio executives from Hollywood to Nashville.

Participants this year include screenwriters Brian Helgeland (â€Mystic River, â€L.A. Confidentialâ€, â€Man on Fireâ€), John August (â€Big Fishâ€, â€Charlieâ€TMs Angels†and â€Goâ€), Anne Rapp (â€Dr. T & The Women†and â€Cookieâ€TMs Fortuneâ€) and writer-director John Lee Hancock (â€The Alamoâ€, â€The Rookie†and â€A Perfect Worldâ€), and the writers and producers of NBCâ€TMs â€Law and Order.â€

In addition to panels on the process of screenwriting and getting that first break, this year's conference will feature a panel of writers and producers from the hit series â€Law and Orderâ€; a panel featuring writers working in the ever -growing field of animation; and a nuts and bolts, â€what do I do with the darned thing once I've written it†discussion with top industry professionals.

I will be moderating a couple of panels at the conference (as well as running their first annual screenplay competition, the Showdown).

For more information, please visit www.nashscreen.com.

Hope to see you there!

Ed Rugoff
Working...
X