Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warner Bros Television Writers Workshop

Heads up, gang. The Warner Bros web page has been updated with information for the 2004 Television Writers Workshop.

www2.warnerbros.com/writersworkshop/

Best of luck everybody.

Thanks Ujin! I'd seen this, and then promptly forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder!

Comment

warner workshop - only U.S citizens?

I'm assuming this is only open for U.S citizens? I looked all over the site and couldn't find anything in regards to that.

Comment

Re: warner workshop - only U.S citizens?

I don't believe it's technically restricted to US citizens (although you should double-check this by calling them). However, be aware that the workshop is a 5-week, in-person thing that starts in January, and you would probably be notified of your acceptance in early December.

So, if you lived in another country, you'd have to move here VERY quickly, and it's a pretty big move to make for a 5-week program which is not, btw, full-time (it's a couple of hours once a week, I believe).

Just something to consider.

Cheers,

TZ

Comment

thanks

I should definitely call them. Should I get accepted, which I probably wouldn't, I could stay with friends, not sure if it's in NY or L.A, either should be ok. If it's only five weeks and a couple of hours once a week it should be alright.
          Thanks for your reply. I think it was the first one of those workshops I've seen without a restriction on so, imagine my excitement!

Comment

Re: thanks

It's in Los Angeles (Burbank), and yes, a few hours weekly.

-Willie

Comment

There shouldn't be any citizenship requirement because you pay them money, they don't pay you. If you got accepted, I'd probably just say at the border that you were coming to L.A. on vacation. As soon as you say you're going to some kind of course or seminar they might want to see a visa.

Comment

Great tips, thanks.
                I can do L.A....
                Perhaps I can get my job to pay for it...First I have to write the darn thing I guess...Too bad my SATC script is no longer of any use

Comment

Working...
                X