No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JOHN CARPENTER WANTS YOU!

www.creativescreenwriting.com/

A free contest if you get their CS daily -- which is free via email anyway!

Since we're discussing whether PGL really wanted Horror scripts in another thread let's cut to the chase --

Subtle, I like it......

Here is the rest of the blurb --

So there it is -- get your horror/thriller scripts together. And good luck to all......
    :smokin

JC wants you!

yeah - all you pgl peeps rejected by your peers; here's you chance for free. take those peer reviews; rewrite your crappy script and go for it!

Comment

The wording in the contest description seemed a little odd to me:

THE PRIZE: The winner will receive a $500 option on their screenplay (enough to pay their attorney) against a six-figure purchase price with production bonuses, and the winning script will be read by writer/director John Carpenter.
      So I sent the folks at CS the following email:

It sounds as if CS will be optioning the screenplay, and Carpenter will read it with the intent of possibly directing it. Is this accurate? If Carpenter doesn't like it, what's next?

I got the following response:

Depends on the script. If it offers other producing options we'll attempt to set it up elsewhere.

So really, the prize is not that Carpenter is going to make the movie, but that he'll read the screenplay, and CS will give you a $500 year option.

Comment

Working...
      X