Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script PIMP competition

deadline is May 1...anybody have any experience or thoughts about this contest?

My only experiance -

- is that I lost last year.

Other than that, they seem to have a lot of connections and some decent looking prizes -- between Script PIMP and Inktip announcements people will know you won (or were a finalist).

They seem respected in the biz. Be interested in hearing if anyone has anything negative to say as I haven't heard anything....

Comment

My only complaint is that there's the 10 (or 20, I can't remember) finalists... and everyone else is lumped together as non-finalists.

If I'm paying 40 or 50 bucks to enter a competition, I understand it's a long shot to win, but it's nice to able to walk away knowing I'm a semi-finalist, made it to the second-round, etc.

Supposedly last year's winner sold for six figures, though.

Comment

Re: ...

I'm going to enter this year.

Has anyone subscribed to their database? Was it worth the money? I noticed you get a free entry with a five year subscription.

Comment

Re: ...

Their database is pretty good, the listings for each company is a little more detailed than HCD.

Comment

I both entered and subscribed to the database

You can query directly through the website for some companies. I am using it chiefly for compiling my list of companies to query by email & snail mail. So far I like the detail and the fact that you can put companies on a list of your favorites, so you can keep track of who you might be interested in.

We'll see. I also paid for the five years. I figured it this way:
            If six months is $40
            And one entry is $40
            That's $80. (ah that college math comes in handy finally)

I figured there was a good chance I might resubscribe, even if I had a rep, since new writers have to do alot of legwork the first years of their careers, and I could use it to research people I might pitch to, it was worth the extra $20 for five years and a free entry into the contest. And they have coupons for other discounts, like magazine subscriptions and supplies and other contests....

Comment

scriptpimp

the database is definitely worth the money. and the hcd is so expensive. they let you know who will read new writers and what genre's they're looking for too.

i have not taken full advantage of the membership yet but, since it last for 5 years then i still have 4 1/2 years of a good contact information to work with.

they also have a list of companies who will read their "recommends" but, i you need to get script consulting from them to even be considered first.

i guess i'll enter the contest.

Comment

Working...
              X