Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Prediction for PGL3 and DDers

I'm predicting that all Done Dealers who entered the screenplay competition will make the top 1,000!

That's right. I said it. ALL!

I figure that with better than 1 in 10 odds of making it to the top 1,000 and the abundance of crappy scripts from people not on this board, DDers are a shoe in.

YeahWrite

Wow, I love your optimism. I just hope you're right! *fingers crossed*

Comment

Re: i hope so

Well, one thing is for sure.

If you guys have as much TALENT as you do EGO, then you are all a shoe in.

Comment

you know, maybe we are just pointing out that some people haven't bothered to learn the craft completely and those of us who have should deserve some credit. it isn't about ego, it's about effort.

don't turn everything into an attack on character.

Comment

i hope so

given the quality if what I had to review I sure hope mine makes top 1000 because, I mean, wow... they were all just plain awful and 4 of the 7 I reviewed weren't even close to being formatted correctly.:rolleyes

Comment

Yeah, but beware... those nitwits are reviewing YOUR script. For all we know, they think you formatted your script improperly.

I am fully prepared to see in my comments: "what's with this INT./EXT. stuff?"

Comment

If everyone read the rules they would see that we weren't supposed to judge on formatting. Would be nice, but I'm sure that's wishful thinking.
              Not that I care, my script is formatted correctly.

Comment

I just want to tell you both good luck, we're all counting on you

Comment

Just to clear the air... I did not judge anything on formatting. I also did not judge on genre, whether it could be made for one million bucks, or whether it was PG13. I judged and scored solely on quality.

My point was actually to be more encouraging if tomorrow doesn't go well for some. Frankly, I think, based on what I reviewed, that my script absolutely should advance. But, this is a peer review process, and no one can be certain of anything. People may purposely tank good scripts, people may decide to give anything not a horror/thriller low scores (although yes, I did submit a thriller, so that DNA to me...), people may tank anything they think would be rated R...

And yes, I do question how good a review someone can do if they are not even familiar with screenwriting basics. I don't think there's anything wrong with saying I would rather have my script reviewed by someone with a little more experience. Wouldn't you?

Comment

psychicmuse your comments are not needed here. please find another arena to vent your anger at the world.

Comment

Just to clear the air... I did not judge anything on formatting. I also did not judge on genre, whether it could be made for one million bucks, or whether it was PG13. I judged and scored solely on quality.
                      I did the same, and that's the way it should be. I think following these standards makes it as close to fair as possible.

Comment

psychicmuse your comments are not needed here. please find another arena to vent your anger at the world.
                        Frankly, I think your response has more to do with YOUR anger at the world, than mine.

Also, I have never, in my entire three year history of participation in any message board, ever taken any direction or orders from anyone on any message board anywhere. Legions of Armies of people have tried, but I am inflexible.

I kind of do whatever I want. I use my own discretion, not yours.

So, here's a quarter, tell someone who cares.

Suddenly, I'm feeling like the guy Richard Simmon's Slapped on the plane. You wouldn't perhaps BE Richard Simmons now would you?

BTW..

I just wanted to tell you both good luck, We're all counting on you.

Comment

yes, I am in fact, Richard Simmons.

/me slaps psychicmuse

Also, i apologize for being overly aggressive, bad day, no excuse blah blah.

Comment

Working...
                          X