Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script PIMP Screenwriting Competition Success

Everyone is always asking which competitions are best, and of course there are the staples...Nicholl, Austin, Chesterfield, Disney, etc, but of the newer contests, there are very few who do more than take your money and offer a small, meaningless prize. You need to look for what happens to the winners AFTER the competition.

For those of you who don't already know, one of the winners of the 2003 Script PIMP screenwriting competition was recently purchased by Warner Bros. for six figures. This was a direct result of the competition. www.scriptpimp.com/writing_competition/

There are a lot of contests out there, but only a few use qualified, professional readers, and only a few promote their winners for success. I attended the Script PIMP award ceremony last year and this contest is one of the better ones. They handed me copies of the winners' scripts as I walked out the door! Though we did not sign any of the winners after reading them, the scripts were given priority consideration because of the competition. That's what you want to look for when submitting to contests.

Good Luck.

Yet another contest to send our script to.

Comment

thanks, MM

althou, i do hang out at scriptpimp i have not participated yet
      but...

Though we did not sign any of the winners after reading them, the scripts were given priority consideration because of the competition.

this seems to always be the case even with contest winners. i don't understand. if one can write a script that can beat out thousands then why are they only considered and never signed? what are you looking for if not a contest winner with excellent material?

inquiring minds wanna know

Comment

Hi there Mocean,

It's always nice to hear from the managers who check in regularly. Any news on the Mocean front? Client sales to speak of since you last visited?

Comment

Working...
        X