No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concept Summary

Help!!
    I want to enter a pilot in the scriptapalozza contest and they require a concept summary.

Is that the same as an outline of the pilot? Or do I need to go into specifics like how the characters interact with each other, what the locations look like etc.

Than ks

palooza

Your term piqued my interest. I looked at the application at the contest website, which only asked for a super short summary, which for you is the logline. A true summary is one or two pages that go over only the main story beats, not internal arcs, etc.

Loglines basically identify the main hero, their struggle, the antagonist or force against them, and the stakes if they don't succeed. They should be short, and have the sole purpose of illiciting a strong response to hear more or read the work. The more unique and compelling the story, the better your chances of whatever.

If you have a great story idea, but have not put the required effort into your personal execution, your time is better spent improving your work.

Comment

higgins...

What they want is a concept document. See "Writing For TV" 2 pages back.

Comment

I know what a log line is...and that is what I would write if this is a screenplay...but I originally posted this question in the "witing for TV" section.

I am entering the TV pilot writing part of scripta...and need that concept summary, not a logline.

techwriter...2 pages back where?

Thanks...higgins

Comment

I entered this last time, and I'm sure they had guidelines on the web site. Or maybe a link to the guidelines on tvwrite.com? Look around. In a nutshell, I believe they want character sketches, premise of the series and several suggested episode plots. 3 pages or thereabouts.

And tech is referring to the board here. At the bottom of the screen are links to prior pages (threads are sorted by last post date). I don't recall it, but he's saying that a couple of pages back there is a thread on this topic.

Comment

Working...
          X