No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicholl entry from Canada - SASE question

Hi Everyone,

I've read the Nicholl FAQ, but I'm still unsure how to send a SASE from Canada that can be mailed in the United States. I read about the International Postage Coupons - can I buy these in Canada? Does anyone know how much they cost? How do you affix them to a postcard? Can I buy them at Canada Post? A search of their website turned up no information.

Thanks, I'm a first-timer who appreciates the help!

Bob

you might be able order /printout a "stamp" from www.stamps.com.
    you can also buy stamps from www.usps.gov

Comment

Do as Diehard says, go to www.usps.gov and buy the international stamps. But do it quickly, I ordered from there and it took about three weeks to arrive.

As far as the international coupons, I think they are pretty useless. I don't think many would bother making the trip to the post office in order to use them...but then again I could be wrong.

Comment

IPC - pain in the butt, but acceptable.

Personally? I have a dozen friends in USA that I send some money to and they send back stamps. Or if I hear a friend of mine going to USA, ask them to bring some back.

I also ask for a tarif card so I know how much postage required for the weight.

Same for UK and Australia.

If I'm really short on US stamps, I take a day trip to Yank-land, and buy some.

Prov.

Comment

OMG... now, it has been weeks since I sent my entry in, but now I'm shaking in my boots because I don't remember an SASE being involved. I know I read the rules, but maybe I missed something. Oh lord, well so much for that contest.

Tami

Comment

Re: Nicholl entry from Canada - SASE question

Writestuff,

I think you enclose a SASE if you want your script back.
            (I didn't enclose one either).
            Mojo

Comment

From Nicholl Application Form:
              A complete entry includes a single copy of the script, a completed application form and a $US30 check or money order made payable to ...
              Rest easy. I couldn't find SASE requirements anywhere for SASE, not even for return of script.

Comment

whew, thank you all for putting my mind at ease. It's honestly not that I expect to win, I'd like to get somewhere, but hell, I didn't want to be the one that sabotaged my own entry. LOL

Tami

Comment

perhaps I'm crazy...

With all the contest applications I've been reading, I just realized that it might have been the Chesterfield that required a SASE and a postcard, not the Nicholl.

I thank everyone for their replies, and I'm sorry if I caused a panic!

Bob

Comment

Re: perhaps I'm crazy...

Nope, no one's crazy.

Nicholl doesn't require SASEs, not even in order to get an application.

Nor do we return scripts. So no SASEs for that purpose either.

Comment

Speaking of stamps - I just bought a bunch of "American Filmmaking Behind the Scenes" stamps. They're really cool. When you peel them off each one looks like a frame of film.

Comment

Maybe INCLUDING an SASE automatically DISQUALIFIES YOU!!! :evil

Comment

Where To Get U.S. Postage In Canada For SASEs

Apart from picking up some stamps at a post office in the United States, a good place to find U.S. stamps in Canada is your local philatelic (stamp collector) dealer. International Reply Coupons are expensive and troublesome, (requiring a trip to the post office and a transaction with a postal clerk). Most philaletic shops have current issues and will sell them for a small fee above the actual cost. For a SASE to be mailed to Canada from the States, check the postage cost with the USPS International Calculator and apply the correct postage. Make sure you include "CANADA" under your postal code on the SASE.

Comment

Working...
                          X