X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my Chesterfield letter today...

... they were mailed out on the 19th.

*sigh*

not successful this go 'round. My first entry into a contest, guess I shouldn't beat myself up.

Good luck to everyone else...

lazlor

About the letters

Got my self-addressed stamped envelope in the mail today too.

Saw my writing on the bent up envelope, made a sad face, and opened it.

The letter started with "Congratulations!" No difference on the outside between the yay's and the nay's. So open them up.

Made the semifinals.

The mailman probably thought I was a loser from the outside. There's no difference in the envelope. It's what's inside that counts. And that's the way Chesterfield works. They look on the inside, see what's in there, see if it can be fixed.

I can be fixed. Hooray!

Comment

Re: About the letters

I think that if it's good news, they bend the envelope before sending it out.

Congratulations, FF! That's great news!

Comment

lazor - keep entering contest, don't stop, keep on writing!

Charli

Comment

Chestefield

Did anyone NOT receive their notification letter yet? Because I live in L.A. and still didn't get mine. Makes me wonder if they ever got my entry...

Comment

Chesterfield

Got mine today. Got bounced.

The rejection letter came with my own handwriting on it. How depressing is that?

Comment

Re: Chesterfield

Why I continue to tortue myself with these contests, I do not know...

Jami

Comment

re: Chestefield

I'm in LA and haven't seen a letter yet either.

Comment

Re: re: Chestefield

Well at least I'm not the only one. I emailed Chesterfield today to ask about my status. Did they ever cash your check for the entry fee? Mine was never deposited--another reason I'm concerned....

Comment

I'm not letting this get me down, working on something else as we speak... sorta... errrr... not exactly right now, but...

heh..

anywhoo...

for those that got a thanks but no thanks/better luck next year letter...
                    (trying to not be cynical here... but gotta know if this is real or laser-printer...)
                    ... did you receive some written words of encouragement at the bottom?

laz

Comment

I didn't enter!

but, I believe all mail sent from L.A. to an L.A. address is first sent to the North Carolina and since they had that hurricane....well......

Comment

Re: I didn't enter!

laz...I got no such words on the bottom. Just Ed's signature. Did you get some encouraging words that were, perhaps, witheld from me? Some indication that you did better than me?:eek

Comment

Re: I didn't enter!

umm... Stinger, I'm reluctant to answer your question as it's phrased with a negative light on you, or an I'm better than the next guy feeling... and that's not the way I'm looking at this, as I didn't make the next round either...

...but yes I did.

laz

Comment

Chesterfield

spill. What did he say to you that he didn't say to me? I wanna know.

Seriously, I'm curious. Ed's been really good on the board, I have no axe to grind, just want to know, because it might give me a clue to my relative ranking. Like how the Nichols give a 'next 10%' notation etc.

Or did he just say "This is waaay better than the rubbish that other guy sent in"?

Comment

Re: Chesterfield

Oh well, here it is:
                              Thank you for applying to the 2003 Chesterfield Writer's Film Project. Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer you a fellowship for our upcoming workshop.

This year we received 2593 applications from talented film, fiction and theater writers around the world. We were very impressed by the overall quality of the work submitted,
                              much of which met or surpassed Hollywood industry standards. The selection process was an extremely difficult task. Only 15% of applicants advance to the semi-final round, and we recognize that many gifted writers will receive this letter.

As a fellowship workshop program managed and mentored by professional screenwriters, we understand and respect the effort involved in completing a piece of writing and
                              submitting it for review. We keep that dedication in mind as we read and consider each application. Evaluating creative work is a subjective process to some extent, and we
                              expect that many writers who did not advance in this year's WFP will have success in the sale or optioning of their material.

The names of our Top 50 Finalists will be posted on our website, www .chesterfield-co.com. The workshop is scheduled to begin in November.

We thank you for your interest in the Chesterfield Writer's Film Project and wish you much success in your writing career.
                              Sincerely,

question is, how many of those who win this year's fellowship won't amount to diddly squat? If the readers judging the scripts were SO in the know they'd be out making millions, not reading crappy scripts. Like anything else, it's all subjective.

Comment

Working...
                              X