Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Competition

....all right so this competition isn't in the top tier. Or second tier. Or third. But it's fun and it might just get your juices flowing. And there are actually prizes. Modest ones, sure, but hey, you have to start somewhere.

Posted on the Rouge Wave today:

...Write a half-page scene which includes: Cosmetics, an aging movie star and a soup commercial. Choose a genre. Make it funny, make it scary, make it poignant - heck, make it ON GOLDEN POND but you have only 1/2 page to do so. And here's the fun part: you must include the words whiskey, tango and foxtrot somewhere in the short scene.

I will choose the top three scenes, post them and we shall collectively vote.

The winner receives a $25 gift certificate for either the Landmark Theaters, AMC or California Pizza Kitchen (winner's choice) and 25% discount on any Script Whisperer service (winner must take advantage by August 31st).

Deadline to submit: Monday, August 6th

So if you'd like a fun challenge and some free pizza or a free movie not to mention a great discount on a script consultation, go to the rouge wave at www.rougewave.blogspot.com and check it out.

I think we all remember the crazy entries we got for Magnanimous Feet. The Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot results should be really fun.

Julie Gray

Re: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Competition

Ok, I'm adjusting my thinking cap right now .
    "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Comment

I just whipped one off (script scene) I love these little contests, keeps me on my toes... and while I'm up here on them, sheesh, someone really needs to dust.
      "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

...and Moviequill's contribution is pretty darn clever, guys, so you're gonna have to nail something amazing to win the prizes! Don't forget, Rouge Wave readers will vote on the top three submissions.

Julie Gray

Comment

Whiskey, Tango and Foxtrot....

WTF?
          One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it. - French Proverb

Comment

Hi Oz! Go read the Rouge Wave today (scroll down below the competition announcement) to the post that inspired it. Bear in mind that in this mini-competition, the words Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot do not need to be used indivisibly as a unit or as an expression but to just appear somewhere in the half page scene. So a character might have a glass of whiskey on their desk. While they tango. It's fun. Check it out. I already have several really inventive submissions.

Julie Gray

Comment

I entered too.

Can the gift card possibly be for Starbucks? I need to attach one to my query letter to The White Album.
              Stupid tv. Be more funny - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

LOL, that's an awesome contest idea.

Comment

Originally posted by OzFade View Post
                  Whiskey, Tango and Foxtrot....

WTF?
                  You got it! - LOL

Whiskey = W
                  Tango = T
                  Foxtrot = F

Military lingo denoting international alphanumeric values.

Bet you don't know what Whiskey Delta means? Anyone in the military here?
                  Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

See I'm not as dumb as I post.

Stab in the dark. WD40?
                    One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it. - French Proverb

Comment

Originally posted by WritersBlock2010 View Post
                      You got it! - LOL

Whiskey = W
                      Tango = T
                      Foxtrot = F

Military lingo denoting international alphanumeric values.

Bet you don't know what Whiskey Delta means? Anyone in the military here?
                      How 'bout a game of CRUD?

Scratch - make that a game of good ol' fashioned combat crud.

Comment

Originally posted by OzFade View Post
                        See I'm not as dumb as I post.

Stab in the dark. WD40?

I just wet myself! I have no idea what they mean either Oz. But WD40 cracks me up. I have bitter expeience. with very old cars. lol

Comment

The top three finalists have been chosen and now it's time to vote! At least one finalist is a DDer. Maybe more. It's hard to tell. Check out these three inventive half-page scenes and vote for your favorite!

Julie Gray

Comment

I just want to say congratulations to Done Deal's very own MovieQuill, the winner of the Rouge Wave's Whiskey Tango Foxtrot competition. There were over 30 submissions and the top three were voted on by Rouge Wavers. It was fun for everybody to participate in a goofy little competition that has nothing to do with managers, agents, fellowships, semi or quarterfinalists but to just write something silly and inventive.

MovieQuill will be receiving a small gift of appreciation for his participation. Congratulations, MovieQuill!

Julie Gray

Comment

Originally posted by La Femme Joyeuse View Post
                              I just want to say congratulations to Done Deal's very own MovieQuill, the winner of the Rouge Wave's Whiskey Tango Foxtrot competition. There were over 30 submissions and the top three were voted on by Rouge Wavers. It was fun for everybody to participate in a goofy little competition that has nothing to do with managers, agents, fellowships, semi or quarterfinalists but to just write something silly and inventive.

MovieQuill will be receiving a small gift of appreciation for his participation. Congratulations, MovieQuill!
                              My pleasure. I love little exercises to keep me on my toes... as long as they don't throw my back out
                              "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

Working...
                              X