Quarterfinalists
    Semifinalists
    Finalists
    Fellows.

Comment

Re: Nicholl letters...

Originally posted by CutteRug View Post
      Two scripts. Two dings.

And one of those made the semifinals last year. D'oh!!

Oh well.
      That just shows how much of a lottery, not just competitions, but having anybody read a script is... its as much (more even) about them and what they like as it is your script...

If you've got a script that divides people - 50% love it/50% hate it - then the chance of it getting two people who like it on two reads is only 25%. Yet if its made into a film and 50% love it - then its big box office.

We've all seen hugely successful films we didn't like and talked to people who hated films we did... however much readers may kid themselves they're making some objective assessment of a script -- you'll never get away from the biggest element by far being the prejudices/preferences of the particular individual reading it.

Comment

Entered 4, one advanced. A previous semi-fi (and 2x quarter-fi) didn't even get a nice note ("top 10%," etc.) from Greg.

And all 4 advanced in the MORE contest.

So go figure....

L.
        "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

I just got a spiffy email from Mr. Greg Beal saying due to time constraints those emails didn't go out, but my script was a top 15%! Wahoo!

Comment

I was starting to get miffed because my script hasn't advanced , but then I remembered I didn't enter this year.
            TimeStorm & Blurred Vision Book info & blog: https://stormingtime.com//

Comment

We made it into the top 10%. We're very pleased with that

Comment

Working...
              X