Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for previous Nicholl quarterfinalists

Several people had posted that, after they made it past the first round of the Nicholl contest, they began receiving calls and e-mails from agents, managers, etc.

How long after you were notified did you receive these calls? And about how many did you receive all in all? And did they do anything for you (other than give you a warm fuzzy feeling)?

Re: Question for previous Nicholl quarterfinalists

I received a few emails around two weeks after I'd been notifed (this was three years ago, when I last entered). But certainly not a deluge of them, and definitely not from top-rung companies.

Comment

I only received requests after the finals were announced in November 2006....I just got a request last month from that list....I had about 12 requests for making the quarterfinals.

Comment

I was a SF last year and I'm pretty sure I didn't receive any requests until late Sept, when the Finalists were announced. After that, I probably sent my script to about 20 places. Other than hopefully keeping the contact for a future script, nothing came of it.

Comment

The bulk of my contacts (SF in 2006) came following the announcement of the finalists. I had requests from some pretty respectable groups like Circle of Confusion, Benderspink, Anonymous Content, Vertigo, etc. Probably about 25 in all at the end of the 6 months following. Some of the lower-rung requests tended to come in at the end of that cycle.

But I wouldn't expect to hear from anyone until October.
          Reaction time is a factor, so please pay attention.

Comment

i was QFist 2 years ago. I don't think I got contacted by anyone until the finalist were announced, though. I didn't really take advantage of any of them. There were mostly bottom tier, for the most part - some random producer who was looking for properties. But I did get contacted by som good management companies. Anyway, like I said, I didn't really follow up with any of them, because right around then, I found my manager and things just went in another direction.

Comment

And also, I only received emails, not calls. Don't know if it was different for other QFists.

Comment

Thanks for the info, everyone. Very informative.

Comment

Working...
                X