Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenwriting Seminar in your area

Script 1 Screenwriting Seminars is offering 1 day seminars in Tucson, AZ (Oct. 11, 2003), Phoenix, (Nov 1, 2003); Salt Lake City, UT (Nov 15, 2003) and Albuquerque (Dec 1, 2003).

(For those in the Phoenix area, I will be guest speaking at Borders Books and Music: Mesa, Oct 7; Chandler, Oct 14; Phoenix Biltmore Oct 20. This is a free 1 hour event)

I'm presently scheduling seminars for 2004 thoughout the US and Canada. Please contact me if you would like to see a screenwriting seminar in you area. Script 1 Screenwriting is devoted to bringing seminars to smaller cities (not NY or LA) where emerging screenwriters may not often have the opportunity. If there's enough interest in your community, I'll schedule you in.

Scipt 1 Screenwriting explores the essential elements of screenwriting. Because of my experience, I can also take you behind the scenes. What do story analysts do? How do they evaluate? What is the process in the story department? How can I get an agent to read my script?

I've been in the film industry since 1980. I have experience as a story analyst and producer for a major studio, writer, screenwriting instructor at a community college, and have been conducting screenwriting seminars since 1995. I'm also featured in "How to Enter Screeenwriting Contests and Win" (second edition) by Eric Flowers.

For more info on who I am and what I do, visit my website at www.script1screenwriting.com

Good luck to you all!

Just wanted to add that I received notes from Ms. Caroll as part of the AZ Film Commission contest from a few years back. They were thorough and quite helpful in reworking my draft. She absolutely knows the business.

Comment

Wendy - I'm in the Kansas City area. We do have a small film community that many would like to see expand. The local colleges and universities offer classes but it would be nice to see this grow. If you're interested in setting this up, let me know.

Comment

Alexis14

Thanks so much for the kind words! Yes, I coordinated the Film in Arizona competition for 2000, 2001 and 2002. The final year we were axed by legislative budget cuts. Fortunately, we had a hunch that might happen and we began the judging process earlier than usual. Some contestants were concerned that their scripts were evaluated so quickly upon arrival. They just couldn't believe the scripts were Fed Exed to judges within 24 hours of receipt. So all my efforts to make things happen quickly resulted in suspicion instead. (Incidently, the winner that year was one of the last few received.)

Anyway, I appreciate your comment more than you know. And I'm glad my notes to you were helpful. Notes weren't promised in the competition and I wasn't required to provide them, but I took it upon myself to write notes to writers whenever I had a moment.

Again, thanks!

Comment

Paula413

Kansas City would definately be considered as a possible location. Please write to me at [email protected] and let's talk. You might also want to check out my website at www.script1screenwriting.com.

Comment

Comment

Is Boston a possible location? I'm on the east coast, but not NY.

Comment

What did you produce at Disney?

Comment

Re: Matrixchick

Yes, Boston would be considered. Maybe not in the dead of winter (brrr!) but perhaps spring, summer or fall.

By the way, when I venture into unfamiliar territory, I like to link up with a "local" who can assist with location suggestions, etc. In exchange, I offer that assistant free registration.

I'll make a note to consider the Boston area. If you're interested in functioning as an assistant for me, drop me a line at [email protected]

Thanks!

Comment

Username:

At Disney I produced over 50 short films (live action, animation, and live action/animation) over the course of 13 years. I worked on staff for three years and freelance for 10.

I believe my experience as a story analyst for Disney is more useful to emerging screenwriters since I've seen first-hand the caliber of material being submitted, have noted the weaknesses common to rejected screenplays, know how story departments evaluate and what they're looking for. (The story analysis was done simultaneous with the 10 years I freelanced as a producer.)

Comment

Working...
                    X