Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicholl semi-fi letters?

"Q. Could you offer a timetable as to when things happen in the Nicholl competition?

A. ....

late July -- all entrants are notified as to their status in the competition. Quarterfinalists are notified.

late August -- Semifinalists are notified.

early October -- Finalists are notified and asked to submit supporting materials.

late October -- Fellowship recipients are notified and announced.

mid-November -- Nicholl Awards Dinner. "

Nu?

L.
    "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Re: Nicholl semi-fi letters?

Greg Beal is usually on top of communication if you drop him a PM or email, and I'm sure now that it's closer to "end of August" he can probably nail down a more specific date. I know it's hard to wait

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by wenonah View Post
      Greg Beal is usually on top of communication if you drop him a PM or email, and I'm sure now that it's closer to "end of August" he can probably nail down a more specific date. I know it's hard to wait

Good luck.

Please update us all if you get a response. And good luck. Thanks.

Comment

The congratulatory and regret letters to the 245 Nicholl quarterfinalists seem to have been mailed on August 28 last year.

I would expect that this year's letters will be sent on or about the same date.

Comment

Letters mailed August 28th? That would be... tomorrow! Meaning that my letter will arrive in San Francisco on Thursday. Stress! (I now look forward to two agonized days of nail-biting/praying/mantra-chanting/appendage-crossing/ and candle-lighting.)
          Late Night Writer

Comment

Originally posted by LateNightWriter View Post
            Letters mailed August 28th? That would be... tomorrow! Meaning that my letter will arrive in San Francisco on Thursday. Stress! (I now look forward to two agonized days of nail-biting/praying/mantra-chanting/appendage-crossing/ and candle-lighting.)
            Late Night Writer

Don't stress out too much. He said "on or about" the 28th. We might be able to push off depression an extra day or two.

Comment

From my experience last year, I remember them going out this week (the week before Labor Day). Then some people (myself, an LA resident, included) had to agonize as some people received their letters BEFORE Labor Day while us poor schmoes had to wait through an anxiety-ridden long Post Office holiday.

Ahh, contest season.
              Reaction time is a factor, so please pay attention.

Comment

On the other hand, if they were mailed on August 28th last year and August 28th last year was a Monday and if they follow that same pattern it means the letters were mailed yesterday (Monday, the 27th). So that means -- in theory -- some people might get their letters TODAY!

Comment

Ha! I was right! The letters went out yesterday (8/27) and I got mine today! I'm a Nicholl Fellowship SEMI-FINALIST!

Comment

CONGRATS!!! wow... how exciting I'm looking forward to dreading my sealed envelope.

Comment

Originally posted by visvivalaw View Post
                      Ha! I was right! The letters went out yesterday (8/27) and I got mine today! I'm a Nicholl Fellowship SEMI-FINALIST!
                      Congrats - where are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by MrHale View Post
                        Congrats - where are you located?

I'm in San Diego.

Comment

An SF in SF! My happy news was in my San Francisco P.O. Box this morning. (And now the REAL knuckle-cracking, mantra-saying, praying to all gods, all religions, from the beginning of time going forward, begins.)

Late Night Writer

Comment

I'm Washington state...no word in today's mail....this is agonizing.
                            "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Both mine are out. Good luck, everyone.
                              Reaction time is a factor, so please pay attention.

Comment

Working...
                              X