X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Expo 2007

Originally posted by Hobbledehoy View Post
    Only if we're lucky.
    I am finishing up the file. If, for some reason, they can't get the email out today, I will post here at the end of the day.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Expo Competition View Post
      I am finishing up the file. If, for some reason, they can't get the email out today, I will post here at the end of the day.

Jim
      Thanks, Jim...

Comment

Jim --

Not sure if this'll be clarified when announcements are made, but where do the TV entrants fall in the quarterfinalist/semifinalist spectrum? Will the TV semifinalists be among the 20 semifinalists overall, or will they be in their own separate group? Do they get the same benefits as the feature semifinalists, or something different (I know they do get Ellen Sandler's book), or is just basically a win-or-lose deal in the TV category? Also, the website has specific info on the judges for the half-hour category; is there info available on the judges for the hour-long scripts?

I know this is the first year the Expo's done TV, so I'm sure a lot of stuff may still be being worked out, but I was curious to see if there was info availabe beyond what's already up on the site.

(Of course, it may be a moot point for me personally if my script doesn't advance, but even so, I'm sure others have the same questions.)

Thanks!
        The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter -- it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning. - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by jillybob View Post
          Jim --

Not sure if this'll be clarified when announcements are made, but where do the TV entrants fall in the quarterfinalist/semifinalist spectrum? Will the TV semifinalists be among the 20 semifinalists overall, or will they be in their own separate group? Do they get the same benefits as the feature semifinalists, or something different (I know they do get Ellen Sandler's book), or is just basically a win-or-lose deal in the TV category? Also, the website has specific info on the judges for the half-hour category; is there info available on the judges for the hour-long scripts?

I know this is the first year the Expo's done TV, so I'm sure a lot of stuff may still be being worked out, but I was curious to see if there was info availabe beyond what's already up on the site.

(Of course, it may be a moot point for me personally if my script doesn't advance, but even so, I'm sure others have the same questions.)

Thanks!
          We will have quarterfinalists in Features, TV and Shorts. I might not call the top 5-10 in the shorts and TV categories semifinalists for fear of implying that they get the same prize package as feature semifinalists.

Since the TV and Shorts pool is small, there will be much fewer "finalists" chosen. I am probably going to use a manager of TV writers as the final judge for the TV stuff. This part of the contest is young. There is plenty of room for the next person to come in and grow the TV prizes.

Jim

Comment

Sure has gotten quiet. Good luck everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by roper View Post
              Sure has gotten quiet. Good luck everyone!
              I'm gonna need prozac after this is all said and done.

<----- Me at odd hours of the night.

Comment

[quote=Hobbledehoy;393380]I'm gonna need prozac after this is all said and done.

Hah!... Legal drugs...

Comment

I'm gonna need a cast (getting carpal tunnel from checking the boards so much)

Comment

Originally posted by beerbeastredux View Post
                    I'm gonna need a cast (getting carpal tunnel from checking the boards so much)
                    Subscribe to thread, then enable e-mail notification on the User CP, then enable mobile alerts on your email account.

My phone makes a noise whenever you post.

But I've gotten even more pathetic. I'm constantly refreshing the Message Board homepage, waiting to see Jim online.

Comment

[quote=Cannonballet;393392]
                      Originally posted by Hobbledehoy View Post
                      I'm gonna need prozac after this is all said and done.

Hah!... Legal drugs...
                      Yeah, a little bit of coke could do me and my writing some good.

Comment

How bout some Mountain Dew and some chips and salsa. That always makes ME feel better ^-^ Or a big ol burrito. These are the foods that keep us writers from going mad :P

Comment

OK. That's it. QF's are never getting posted on the Website. Jim? Please?

Comment

Originally posted by jko View Post
                            OK. That's it. QF's are never getting posted on the Website. Jim? Please?
                            I fear they're still reading scripts. Then I fear that our impatience might be the knife in our own backs.

Comment

So, Jim, how're we doing? Close? Real close?

Comment

Yeah guys, take it easy on ol' Jim. At least he's letting us know when he's PLANNING to release the list. Studios aren't even that courteous.

Comment

Working...
                                X