Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Expo 2007

I personally think you guys shouldn't rush. Take all the time you need and pick the scripts that DESERVE recognition. My only concern abou the expo cometition is if there'll be time for the finalists ( whoever they may be ) to make travel arrangements. ( S' gettin pretty close here ^_^ Just another few weeks. )

Comment

I still don't see the info on the Website. Anyone?

Comment

It's only been 8 hours. Give em some time. :}

Comment

My aggravation with this contest has been the way they extend the deadline (twice this year), which is one of the reasons why it takes so long to get results. It punishes people who get their scripts in on time by adding more scripts to the field, plus it means more scripts to review for the judges, which takes longer.

If I had found out in enough time that I had advanced in the competition, I might have gone to the Expo, but the fact is, I can only afford one trip per year, so I'm going to Austin, which lets people know results a month earlier.

For future years, the Expo may want to consider choosing one deadline and sticking with it.

Comment

I don't think it punishes people who were ahead of the deadline, in that there's more of a leisure time for the readers to adequately judge those entries, savor the subtext and the not.

I'm assuming that there's a glut of scripts to plow through just after deadline, which means that those latter scripts stand more of a chance of getting a more cursory read.

Just contests in general, I'd think.
            "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by glantern2814 View Post
              My aggravation with this contest has been the way they extend the deadline (twice this year), which is one of the reasons why it takes so long to get results. It punishes people who get their scripts in on time by adding more scripts to the field, plus it means more scripts to review for the judges, which takes longer.

If I had found out in enough time that I had advanced in the competition, I might have gone to the Expo, but the fact is, I can only afford one trip per year, so I'm going to Austin, which lets people know results a month earlier.

For future years, the Expo may want to consider choosing one deadline and sticking with it.
              Yeah, it's starting to get painful now. I mean, it's the next day already. Chances are we're going to have to go through this once more, and maybe another day after that. This is not a good first contest experience for me.

We're waiting on QF information, information that should have been available before the 30th of September. By now, we should have known who the SF were, but we're still waiting on the QF.

Comment

I'm not picking on Jim Mercurio-- I'm sure he's been getting very little sleep these days-- but the fact that yesterday morning he was "finishing up the file"... then it was going to be posted by last night... etc. etc... is laughable.

I would never expect the judges to judge faster, but if the QF's have been determined, how hard is it to post the list?

This is an example of why this contest isn't "huge".

Okay, now I've probably offended the screenwriting gods and been eliminated, but I felt I had to say it.

Comment

Extensions were made for dumb****s like me and for that I'm grateful, almost but not quite shamefully so. I'm also very zen-like about waiting for the results, though that might be the heroin talking.
                  Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems.

Comment

A watched pot never boils....or something like that. Easy guys, the rejections are coming :}

Comment

S' a joke btw ^-^

Comment

Originally posted by adam612 View Post
                        I'm not picking on Jim Mercurio-- I'm sure he's been getting very little sleep these days-- but the fact that yesterday morning he was "finishing up the file"... then it was going to be posted by last night... etc. etc... is laughable.

I would never expect the judges to judge faster, but if the QF's have been determined, how hard is it to post the list?
                        Yeah, I have to agree here. Why say you're going to post something and not do it? For the attention? To build the buzz? Or to prove your word is of no value? I mean if you're so pressed for time, how do you have the time to drop in here every few hours to post?

When the quarters are posted, many will begin posting immediately, "Jim, when will you post the semi's?"

Jim will post something like, "By the weekend, for sure." What does that translate into? We have to beg readers to get through the next level of scripts and are praying we can pull it off in 72 hours?

OR maybe this is a way to get as many quarter and semi-finalists to pull the trigger and make reserevations to come to the conference.

And by the way, giving some "glitch" as an excuse in this day and age???Any 12 year old guy could figure out your glitch and upload your results if you could pull them away from the latest Halo.

You may need to toss him ten bucks and ask him nicely.

Or you may just need to get out of the contest business. Just have everyone who comes to your conference hand in their scripts at the door. Rip the title page off each one and throw away the script.

Toss the title pages in a large inflatable pool on stage. Have a hot chick in a bikini covered with molasses dive into it. Whichever title pages stick to her are in the quarters.

Then have a midget do the same thing. Whichever title pages stick to him are in the semis.

Then bring that hot chick back. This time she's naked. She dives in. The crowd roars. The title pages that stick to her ass are your finalists.

N.

Comment

Nephilim, take it there easy tiger. If you were that aggressive in your writing, I may have competition.

Comment

Ooh... evil. I just got an email from the Expo... but it was only to sell me on going to the Expo.

They might wanna time those better.
                            "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Just got it too Signal. Thanks for the heads up. Didn't need any false hope arising.

Comment

Originally posted by Signal30 View Post
                                Ooh... evil. I just got an email from the Expo... but it was only to sell me on going to the Expo.

They might wanna time those better.
                                EXACTLY, I just got one too. And so did 20k others. They don't have any "glitches" when it comes to hawking the Expo.

Comment

Working...
                                X