• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReoA
    replied
    Re: Nicholl Finalists Announced

Greg,

Thanks. You're probably right about the loglines.

I'd like to thank you guys for the kind, thoughtful, and very professional manner you dealt with everyone. Except for not making it all the way, it couldn't have been a better experience. It's through behavior - not words - that people reveal their true hearts - especially when dealing with those who need something from you, rather than vice versa. And you guys showed you truly love what you're doing and you love writers - even us struggling beginners. Thanks for that. It's so rare in today's world.

Leave a comment:

• winteredge
    replied

Just curious, but for those that had dramas place (either this year or previous), what was the response like. I understand that a drama that is a Finalist will get a lot of calls, but dramas are harder to sell in general. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• AnotherWriter
    replied

Congrats to all those that became finalists.

Leave a comment:

• gregbeal
    replied

Originally posted by ReoA View Post
    Got a couple too. Anyone know what they're told in the letter? Are they told our loglines? Or just our name, contact info, and that we advanced? It would be better if they've already read our loglines and the subject interested them.
    I've always been leery of releasing log lines, thinking maybe it's not the best thing for writers to have story ideas on a page sitting on desks all over Hollywood. Especially when the story ideas would have been distributed by a third party and not by the writer.

The contact list includes your name, title, genre and your contact information.

Leave a comment:

• visvivalaw
    replied

Some of my requesters knew in advance that my Nicholl SF script was horror so the announcement must have included genre.

Leave a comment:

• ReoA
    replied

Got a couple too. Anyone know what they're told in the letter? Are they told our loglines? Or just our name, contact info, and that we advanced? It would be better if they've already read our loglines and the subject interested them.

Leave a comment:

• winteredge
    replied

Congrats to all who made it through this year. I was in the QF and am starting to get a few requests. We'll see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• visvivalaw
    replied

Me too. Emailed and called for being a semi, I mean. That's kind of cool.

Leave a comment:

• MrHale
    replied

yeah, i just got a call and a bunch of emails for being a semi. now for the weed out to begin.

Leave a comment:

• Kel
    replied

Marlow was a finalist in 2001 with the same script. Maybe this will be his year...

Leave a comment:

• LIMAMA
    replied

Good vibes for my pal Brett!!

Leave a comment:

• TwelveMile
    replied

Congrats to my old friend from USC film school, Andrew Pritzker! I hope he goes all the way!

Leave a comment:

• Han Shot First
    replied

Me, too. I've heard good things, but I don't remember where or why.

Leave a comment:

• LauriD
    replied

The QF and SF lists must also be out. Just got my first email request for a synopsis, from Mad Hatter. Any inside scoop on them?

LauriD

Leave a comment:

• darrylyo
    replied

Glad to see "The Fly Fisher" on here. Read it for the company I just left, and it's a real jaw-dropper, the same way "Seven" was before we all knew about it.

And you're right, these folks are all in for an amazing ride. Just too bad about all the strike angst (both real and imagined).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X