Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AAA contest???

I already paid once to learn that they're at the bottom of my list... why pay twice for the same lesson?
    "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

In case anyone doesn't realize, the Creative Screenwriting empire (contest, expo, and magazine) were sold this last year to a new publisher.

Erik Bauer and Jim Mercurio no longer run the contest. It has changed hands.

So, with that said, I'm sure the new owners just weren't exactly sure on how to run a screenwriting contest.

Can they recover? Surely, but they'll probably take a hit for this year.

Comment

Jim,
        Sorry for confusing your connection with CS to the AAA contest. I didn't realize there were two separate contests within the CS family. I have never been to the Expo.

Comment

Has anyone entered the competition this year? It seems there were a lot of issues previously. I know they extended the deadline to 7/7 and was wondering if it would be worth entering.

Comment

If you read this thread and you still want to enter, you're a brave soul.

Either way I'm skeptical that even winning this contest would do much for you. The way I see it, it's the Nicholl Fellowships or bust. Just my two cents.

Comment

while the transition may be a bit bumpy - i'm still a big fan of creative screenwriting and their contests. i'm willing to cut them a little slack with this transition.
              SH

Comment

Originally posted by sh537 View Post
                while the transition may be a bit bumpy - i'm still a big fan of creative screenwriting and their contests. i'm willing to cut them a little slack with this transition.

You're joking, right?

Hey, what the heck, it's your money, dude.

I have a couple friends who can't bear to leave their abusive relationships either. They just keep going back for more. Guess some people never learn.

Comment

abusive? really?
                  SH

Comment

Working...
                  X