No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollywood Nexus

http://hollywoodnexus.com/ScreenwritingContest.php

It's fun to be 100% on this side of contests for the first time in 6 years. I am in some good company. I know at least a few of the writers on the list. And as of yesterday, they were still adding to it. I finished in the top 6 last year, but crossing my fingers for a payday this year. ;-)

Interestingly, some young producers are taking my script out to A-list talent. They made me several changes to tone down the edginess to get past actresses' agents. And then the real shocker is that they put my script into the official Warner Bros FD format that the studios use and my 106 page tightly-written script ballooned up to 114. The irony is it's because the tweak in margins created like 450 widows because I had polished the script to fit between the margins. So I am 400 words away from having a tight script again. ;-) Check out the margins on your FD to make sure your script is the length you think it is.

Peace,
    Jim

Re: Hollywood Nexus

Congrats, Jim!

But why would a 114-page script not be considered "tight"?

Late Night Writer

Comment

Hey Jim,

So can this be avoided by choosing the "Warner Brothers" format option on Final Draft?? Or is it something altogether different?

Thanks,

Adam

Oh, BTW - congrats!!
      "I've got vision up the butt, so just go with it!" - Dewey Finn, School of Rock

Comment

Originally posted by CutteRug View Post
        Hey Jim,

So can this be avoided by choosing the "Warner Brothers" format option on Final Draft?? Or is it something altogether different?

Thanks,

Adam

Oh, BTW - congrats!!
        I owe you an email, I think.

Yes, you can format it like that easily. But be prepared....depending on your default margins, your script might be alot longer than you thought.

RE: can a 114 pages be tight....I write stuff or at least this script so that I can shoot it. Low budget, pretty limited in locations and no special effects. So I intended it to be a tight 106. I was a bit surprised that it was longer. Intense character dramas should be allowed some leeway. It's still alot cheaper to shoot 120 pages of something like The Savages than 108 pages of Die Hard 8.

I think the producers sent the script out to managers and agents this weekend. I know Sara Silverman is reading it. BTW: you HAVE to see this if you are a fan of hers or Matt DAmon's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnVJZkDuVBM

SOrry to be a pest.

Jim

Comment

Working...
        X