Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherwood Oaks Agent and Manager meetings

Has anybody been to one of these? A friend is coming to LA for a couple of weeks, and Gary Shusett of Sherwood Oaks will be doing one of his sessions where writers pay to meet with agents and managers. He wants to know what kind of experience you had. You could either post or email me if you have a story to tell. Thanks in advance,

Joan

Re: Sherwood Oaks Agent and Manager meetings

gary is a bit kooky and disheveled but somehow he can actually get you in there (their luxury conference rooms or have lunch with them at a restaurant they frequent or a day on the lot, etc...) to see top producers and agents. i don't know how he does it but he does. and he will lie, lie, lie - telling those producers and agents that you're a contest winning writer and super talented... without ever having read anything you've done. lol!!! the experience is well worth it.

Comment

Gary is definitely a strange one. His suits look like they come from the Goodwill bin. I've heard some celebs run when they see him coming, because he'll march right up to them and try to pull them into his sessions.

Have some synopses ready -- you can usually leave one-sheets with the reps at these talks.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X