Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fade In Awards

Anyone else in this? They were supposed to announce screenplay quarter-finalists on March 1st but so far, nothing.

Re: Fade In Awards

I just randomly went to their website and saw that I made the Q Finals with a script I co-write with a friend.

It's funny. I just thought about it and I did well. The other times, when I'm 100% obsessed, I do poorly.

When do the Semi Finals get announced. I know nothing.

Still haven't gotten an e-mail about the results.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, Bono!

Looks like I made the quarts also. I wish they posted more information, e.g., how many screenplays were submitted, when the semi's will be announced, etc. This is the first time I entered this particular contest and I assumed they would send out emails.

Late Night Writer

Comment

I had the most trouble even entering this contest. Let most of them, they are terrible with giving out information and such. Very few of these contests seem to be run as well as they appear on paper.

I don't remember the last one I entered when they actually notified people on the day they said they would.

But congrats. At least I have something to say in a query letter...

Comment

I just got a letter from Fade In dated March 10, 2008. So ironic that I checked last night.

It claims Semi Finalists with be announced around May 15th.

Comment

I got a letter today making Quarters as well. 2400 entrants. 529 made the quarters. I actually forgot I entered this contest. Nice surprise making the quarters. Best to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by kahunadude View Post
              I got a letter today making Quarters as well. 2400 entrants. 529 made the quarters. I actually forgot I entered this contest. Nice surprise making the quarters. Best to everyone.
              Congrats Kahuna!
              Norman Bates
              She just goes a little mad sometimes. We all go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?

Comment

I guess we all forgot. Anyone notice that a lot of people have there name on more than once. I guess many people not only entered more than 1 script in different genres, but made it. Damn. That is hardcore.

I think we are judged by genre. So I'm in comedy. Not sure how many QT are in that group, but my guess at most half.

Point is, I think we are have like a 50% of moving on. Just a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
                  I guess we all forgot. Anyone notice that a lot of people have there name on more than once. I guess many people not only entered more than 1 script in different genres, but made it. Damn. That is hardcore.

I think we are judged by genre. So I'm in comedy. Not sure how many QT are in that group, but my guess at most half.

Point is, I think we are have like a 50% of moving on. Just a guess.
                  Strange that they had so few...while the others offer cash for a grand-prize, this one seems to do a pretty good job of actually helping writers go pro.
                  Sent from my iPhone. Because I'm better than you.

Comment

I entered this one because they divide the screenplays by genre, and also because a writer friend of mine placed last year and she had only good things to say about how it was run. We'll see. I'm a big fan of the PAGE, also. Good luck to all!

Late Night Writer

Comment

I made the quarter-finals in the horror category! Any other sci-fi/horror writers make it?

If they follow their current pattern of being about a week-plus behind, I'd expect the semi-finalists to be announced sometime after 3/22.

Comment

You think Semi are going to come that quick.

That's the confusing thing about the letter. I believe they say May 15th you find out if you're a finalist?

They didn't really say when they would tell you about the Semis...

Comment

Anyone know when they might announce who made it into the Semis?

Comment

My mistake. The semi-finalists will be announced on 5/15.

Comment

Two of my scripts are Quarterfinalists here this year - always a nice surprise when you get the letter and you're actually on the list! Good luck to everyone.

-Sandy
                              sigpic http://blip.fm/Peasblossom

Comment

Working...
                              X