Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trackingb.com - amazing site

I just have to say how fond I am of trackingb.com. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it tells you what scripts are being taken out each day, and tells you who's taking it out.

I think it's an amazing way to hone in on what concepts are hot.

Just as a random example, here's a great comedy script that was listed a few hours ago:

THUNDERCADE
    Representation: Dan Farah (Farah Films & Management)
    Written by: Ernie Cline
    A comedy about a guy who faces a mid-life crisis when he discovers a young kid has beat his decades old video game record. He and his lifelong best friends and fellow gamers escape their respective lives to try and win Thundercade, the national video came contest, and reclaim the world record. From the writer of the upcoming FANBOYS. Farah attached to produce… Taking it wide today to potential producing partners and then into buyers tomorrow.

I honestly don't know where else you could find this stuff.

Just thought I'd pass this along to anyone interested.

Re: Trackingb.com - amazing site

One other attraction for those who qualify and live out there: they post assistant position openings at agencies/prodcos/management companies pretty regularly.

Comment

Anyone got a password to share?

*Pulls out empty pocket lining*
      Write.Sell.Repeat.

Theoretically...

Comment

I think the fee is pretty minimal, Tha Son - like 69 bucks or something for the full year. That and DDpro are the steals of a lifetime, IMHO.

Costs about the same as entering one script in the "Sharky's-Pimping-the-writer-cause-we-need-money-and-promise-exposure-from-our-monthly-amazing-all-access-contest-palooza" competition.

Comment

Couldn't agree more. It's worth every penny, and I have no idea how else I'd keep up to date with the same info.
          twitter.com/leespatterson

Comment

The first few pages that require a password, does it give you the same kind of info as the other pages, just more up to date, newest project happenings, or does the password access give you something more? Thanks
            "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Comment

Password protected posts are the same as the ones that are free, only they are more current/recent. Posts become available to all after about 2 weeks. So, if you don't need or want the spec/job post/exec info right away, you can see it for free about two weeks after the post date.

Separately, I was one of the three finalists in their recent script contest. My script got requested by a who's who because of it. I signed with an agent last week (more than one was interested).

This site is under the radar, but it shouldn't be. It's very connected. Worth every penny.

Comment

Originally posted by thrill14 View Post
                Password protected posts are the same as the ones that are free, only they are more current/recent. Posts become available to all after about 2 weeks. So, if you don't need or want the spec/job post/exec info right away, you can see it for free about two weeks after the post date.

Separately, I was one of the three finalists in their recent script contest. My script got requested by a who's who because of it. I signed with an agent last week (more than one was interested).

This site is under the radar, but it shouldn't be. It's very connected. Worth every penny.
                Congrats! Did you sign the agent based on this one script/contest result?

Keep us posted on your progress!

Comment

yes, i signed with the agent based on this one script. but the agency was pleasantly surprised to find out i had other packaged scripts with different execs, so the finalist script will likely not be the first one taken out wide.

Comment

very addictive site for sure
                    "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

I'm leery of subbing. I'm afraid I'll spend more time at the site than writing!

http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

yeah, good site. i check it out 2-3 times per day.

Comment

Yeah, its search function is very helpful for older posts. I often check it (2 wk old posts).

EJ

Comment

Geeze did you see that letter about De Niro on there?

They did him dirty, but it sounds like he deserved it lol...
                            Write.Sell.Repeat.

Theoretically...

Comment

If it's anything like what that CAA Agent posted at DHD, I can believe it.
                              http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X