X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seh
    replied
    Re: Trackingb.com - amazing site

Just for reading about specs (and pitches) that are being taken out by reps. But a good site to see what concepts are selling, and who's buying what, who's repping what.

Leave a comment:

• csparks
    replied

Can you submit screenplays for consideration (for representation) on Tracking B? or is it only for reading about the scripts out there WITH reps?

Leave a comment:

• jsay
    replied

ditto... they offer some cool extras once you're a member too... If you have a spec go out from a rep, they will usually list it, and also give you some scripts once in a while too. Got a bunch from last year's Black List.

Leave a comment:

• Sparksdale
    replied

Great website....wow is this thing legit?

$69 almost seems too low of a price???

Sparks

Leave a comment:

• Terrance Mulloy
    replied

$69.00 you say.

I'm in.

Leave a comment:

• seh
    replied

You know, we often have threads around here about what is or is not high concept, but these two from today's listing jumped right out as perfect examples:

11:36 am April 21st, 2008 IN THE RED
    Representation: Jewerl Ross (Silent R Management)
    Written by: Richard M. Lewis & Bill Richfield
    A boring IRS guy goes off the deep end and uses his power to become the ultimate party guy.

8:43 am April 21st, 2008 DUMPED
    Representation: Chris Till & Bill Zotti (CAA) & Jill McElroy & Langley Perer (Benderspink)
    Written by: Scott Rothman
    When a guy in his early 30's realizes it's time to grow up, he must first break up with his immature best friend and roommate. THE BREAK-UP with two dudes.

I don't write comedy, but I'll bet those that do are going "damn, why didn't I think of that!" which I've always thought is the real definition of high concept. Dollars to donuts at least one sells soon.

Leave a comment:

• Naudikom
    replied

I read that agent's comment. Ouch.

But, to be fair, the guy has pretty much squandered his brand name these last ten years.

Leave a comment:

• LIMAMA
    replied

If it's anything like what that CAA Agent posted at DHD, I can believe it.

Leave a comment:

• tha son
    replied

Geeze did you see that letter about De Niro on there?

They did him dirty, but it sounds like he deserved it lol...

Leave a comment:

• EJ Pennypacker
    replied

Yeah, its search function is very helpful for older posts. I often check it (2 wk old posts).

EJ

Leave a comment:

• Scripted77
    replied

yeah, good site. i check it out 2-3 times per day.

Leave a comment:

• LIMAMA
    replied

I'm leery of subbing. I'm afraid I'll spend more time at the site than writing!

Leave a comment:

• joe9alt
    replied

very addictive site for sure

Leave a comment:

• thrill14
    replied

yes, i signed with the agent based on this one script. but the agency was pleasantly surprised to find out i had other packaged scripts with different execs, so the finalist script will likely not be the first one taken out wide.

Leave a comment:

• winter dreams
    replied

Originally posted by thrill14 View Post
    Password protected posts are the same as the ones that are free, only they are more current/recent. Posts become available to all after about 2 weeks. So, if you don't need or want the spec/job post/exec info right away, you can see it for free about two weeks after the post date.

Separately, I was one of the three finalists in their recent script contest. My script got requested by a who's who because of it. I signed with an agent last week (more than one was interested).

This site is under the radar, but it shouldn't be. It's very connected. Worth every penny.
    Congrats! Did you sign the agent based on this one script/contest result?

Keep us posted on your progress!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X