Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contests later in the year?

Yeah so my script isn't really done. It seems like most contests start early on in the year, but do you guys know of any that start a little later on?

Thanks in advance.
    Write.Sell.Repeat.

Theoretically...

Re: Contests later in the year?

Check out Moviebytes, tha son.

They got 'em listed by upcoming contests and other ways.

Corona
    I love you, Reyna . . .

Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!
    I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

With my subscription I never really thought to look in the contest section of the site. Silly me.....
      Write.Sell.Repeat.

Theoretically...

Comment

You know, we all have this discussion every year on this board but it never really gets settled in my mind. I've always thought it was probably better to save money and enter only big contests like Nicholl, Disney, Austin, Sundance, Slamdance whatever. But then there's Scriptapalooza, Final Draft, Screenwriters Expo, this Script Pimp thing...

A friend recently suggested that if I'm not getting read (from my Moondance win last year) enter as many contests as possible this year with the new script because the contests themselves will guarantee at least that much exposure/that many reads. Then, like the lotto, the more tickets you buy the more likely you could possibly be to win.

Any opinions on this? Or do most of you feel like stick with the big 5?

Comment

Austin's final is June 1st.

Disney hasn't announced yet, but last year it was May 1st thru July 1st or so. I'm expecting June 1st thru maybe July 21st this time around, but we'll see.

Expo's a big contest, and their final was July 31st(?) last year.
          If you really like it you can have the rights
          It could make a million for you overnight

Comment

Originally posted by odocoileus View Post
            Austin's final is June 1st.

Disney hasn't announced yet, but last year it was May 1st thru July 1st or so. I'm expecting June 1st thru maybe July 21st this time around, but we'll see.
            A post will be up soon, in the announcements but Silver Screenwriting Competition has its early deadline this week but its final, WAB-extended deadline is much later in the summer.

The Script Department's Julie, Margaux and Andrew are looking forward to helping some writer along with his or her career.

Peace,
            Jim

Comment

There hasn't been enough plugs of Silver yet.

Comment

Working...
              X