No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadlines Today

Best wishes to all.

I hope everyone who entered a contest recently is happy with their work and got everything out the door in good order.

Now take a deep breath and mentally sacrifice a few virgins to the volcano gods, then tomorrow... keep moving.

Re: Deadlines Today

I missed the Nicholls deadline due to a case of the Act II blues . But should be ready for CS and Disney...
    "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
    -Maya Angelou

Comment

I entered the Nicholl, Scriptapalooza, and Austin. I was sitting at my desk yesterday, getting stuff together for my application to Squaw Valley Writers Conference, and saw an email for Austin. I was like, why not? I was a "second rounder" years ago, went to the conference and had a blast. Drank with Shane Black, which was a VERY cool moment for me. Drove all the way out there from San Diego. Most brilliant road trip I ever took, hauling ass through the Southwest. New Mexico was great.
      I'll never forget the plague of huge, black grasshoppers that descended on our motel. Damn things got in through the air conditioner!

Comment

I entered the Nicholl, Scriptapalooza, and Austin. I was sitting at my desk yesterday, getting stuff together for my application to Squaw Valley Writers Conference, and saw an email for Austin. I was like, why not? I was a "second rounder" years ago, went to the conference and had a blast. Drank with Shane Black, which was a VERY cool moment for me. Drove all the way out there from San Diego. Most brilliant road trip I ever took, hauling ass through the Southwest. New Mexico was great.
        I'll never forget the plague of huge, black grasshoppers that descended on our motel. Damn things got in through the air conditioner!

Now that sounds like an interesting movie!
        Second Draft = First Draft less 10%
        -Stephen King

Comment

lol!

It really was a fun time. I was filled with so much hope, back in those days.

Comment

Glad to see someone putting in for Squaw Valley! I just submitted for Nicholls and I'm sending off my Austin entry tomorrow. Missed Sundance cos I was just too busy to finish all the questions next year!

Comment

Yeah, I'm really excited about applying. I guess you got a 1 in 3 chance of getting in. It's pricy, but man... it would be great.

Comment

I hope you make it in and if you do, let me know, I'll be working staff setting up A/V equipment, etc. I went as a student my first time and it completely transformed my writing

Comment

Hey thanks! If I get in, I'll certainly let you know.

Comment

Working...
                  X