Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script PIMP

Did anyone else enter the Script PIMP contest? I think they are suppose to announce the finalists on the 10th. This is my first time entering this contest so I'm not sure what to expect.

Re: Script PIMP

The 20 finalists have been listed, I didn't make it.

Congratulations to everyone that did.

http://www.scriptpimp.com/writing_competition/home.cfm

Comment

Woah......Is this guy here the next Kaufman? 3 scripts in the final 20 has got to be a record.

The Tollbooth Operator by Christian Heinze

Neither by Christian Heinze

A Revolution in Urination by Christian Heinze

Now I don't know this contest too well (So you can take from that that I didn't enter) so this is merely a query, but is this guy just that good or are there not too many entrants to Scirpt PIMP these days...I know this contest has been around a fair while.

I'd be amazed if this still gets 2000+ entries and this guy hit the big 20 three times! If so some agent (if he hasn't got one already) needs to swoop fast.

Hell, quick columbo work reveals he's in Bluecat too. Fingers crossed the Page contest didn't interest him.

Right, enough promotion for Christian. If he's someone here, nicely done!

And unlucky briking...... but then top 20 is always gonna be tough.

Always next year

Comment

It's not really that unusual. If you follow contests a lot, you'll find that a relatively small number of people win most of them.

Comment

What does that have to do with honesty? The truth is, contests are not quite so "subjective" as people (who don't win contests) like to claim. It's hard to say whether one "pretty good" script is better than another "pretty good" script, but the really good ones are fairly obvious.

Comment

Haven't heard too much about this contest... think it's top ten?

Comment

Originally posted by jsay View Post
              Haven't heard too much about this contest... think it's top ten?
              No. Very doubtful.

Comment

--
                Last edited by Popcorninflux; 07-16-2011, 08:39 AM.

Comment

If the same guy with a good script enters a bunch of contests, he'll probably at least place in several. That doesn't mean the contests are dishonest. If anything it means that all of them independently are doing a pretty good job of identifying good scripts. It's more an argument for their objectivity than anything else.
                  "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
                  ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

Woah!!

I brought attention to the fact that someone had placed 3 times in top twenty!

I actually was quite impressed. No suggestion from me of any dishnonesty either way.

If someopne else saw it that way it wasn't me.

Open brackets ...I'm PUI'ln....close brackets.....sorry

EDIT: looking back this wasn't adddressed to me, but it was my post that sparked this. I wil reiterate when I posted it was a genuine enquiry as to the impressive placing of Mr Heinze. I was not questioning any contests or Christian himself.

.......carrry on
                    Last edited by Harbinger; 07-12-2008, 09:46 PM.

Comment

On another board, someone wrote that a few of the 20 finalists in this contest were already produced/optioned writers and producers. Does anyone know if this is accurate?
                      Quato Lives!

Comment

Harbinger, I understood your post and felt the same way -- that the most likely reason this guy has three scripts in the finals is not due to some kind of bizarre conspiracy but because he's probably quite talented. Nowhere did you imply anything else.

Comment

My script, HIDDEN, is one of the finalists. They won't be announcing the grand prize winners until August 29th now.

Eddiecoyle, what message board were you referring to?

Good luck to anyone who made it.

Comment

Congrats to Noah for being a finalist. Hope it takes you places.

I saw a thread on Moviebytes where someone was saying that some of the finalists were not really newbies or amateurs but already produced or working writers. Not saying that's unjust but contests generally are supposed to be the domain of the up and comer. But I can't confirm what was posted on Moviebytes so maybe it's just gossip. Thought someone here might know.

Congrats again to you, Noah.
                            Quato Lives!

Comment

Originally posted by noahruderman View Post
                              My script, HIDDEN, is one of the finalists. They won't be announcing the grand prize winners until August 29th now.

Eddiecoyle, what message board were you referring to?

Good luck to anyone who made it.
                              Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X