Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicholl 2008

The quarterfinalists should be announced soon. The FAQ on the site says "late July" and I remember getting the letter last year during Comic Con, which is next week.

Anyone else obsessing over this already?

Re: Nicholl 2008

not until you brought it up! Okay, that was a lie... I checked the CONTEST TIMETABLE a couple times last week... Next week? That's soon...

Comment

I'm pretty sure people got Q-final letters last year on July 30th. May be wrong, but it won't hurt you not to be looking for it until the end of July.

Comment

Originally posted by Alliumstellatum View Post
        I'm pretty sure people got Q-final letters last year on July 30th. May be wrong, but it won't hurt you not to be looking for it until the end of July.

Nope. It was during Comic Con which means it was more like the 26th or 27th.

Comment

The last 3 years, the letters were dated July 26th, July 27th...The key to look for is....The year I made the quarter finals the letter was dated July 31st....

Comment

I don't think you should be counting down the days like this.

Just my 2 cents.

Instead you should be neck deep in your next script!

Then, if you get a letter... SURPRISE!!!

And if you don't you're so busy you don't even notice.

Comment

you are so right.........

........why can't I stop counting??

Comment

Originally posted by suzeaa View Post
                I don't think you should be counting down the days like this.

Just my 2 cents.

Instead you should be neck deep in your next script!

Then, if you get a letter... SURPRISE!!!

And if you don't you're so busy you don't even notice.

The key is to do both. I'm a multi-tasker.

Comment

Originally posted by visvivalaw View Post
                  The key is to do both. I'm a multi-tasker.
                  Yeah, but you'll be missing the 'too busy to notice no letter' bit.

Comment

Originally posted by kahunadude View Post
                    The last 3 years, the letters were dated July 26th, July 27th...The key to look for is....The year I made the quarter finals the letter was dated July 31st....
                    FYI. The Nicholl competition sends letters to all entrants.

As much as possible, we try to send the letters out on the same day. Given the thousands of letters, that doesn't always happen, but we try.

A few other notes: postmarks are not a give-away of results. No matter what else, many regret letters and quarterfinal letters go out on the same day.

All letters are sent in the same type of envelope.

No results will appear on the Web site or in entrants' Nicholl accounts prior to the announcement of finalists in October. Typically, other results still don't appear anywhere for a number of weeks after the announcement.

We're still shooting for the end of July. I don't think any letters will be mailed next week.

If you have an online account and have moved recently, be sure that the account includes your correct address.

Comment

Thanks for the post Greg. I was just sharing my experience over the last few years.

This is why Nicholl is THE ONLY CONTEST to enter because every entrant is notified and if something happens with a letter you make sure the mistake is rectified. Kudos for all the hard work you put in. It would be nice if other contests could put in half the effort you do...

It also helps making the cut, I just got a request from my 2006 quarter final placement.

Comment

I made the semi-finals last year (with a horror script). I got about twenty-five requests for the script all together.

Comment

Hey Greg -- do you think envelopes will be in the mail by end of this week... or is it looking like they won't be sent till next week?

Jsay

Comment

Hey folks,

Good luck to all you Nicholl participants! Hope we all make the cut.

I have a question...I wrote a pretty horrific synopsis for my Nicholl entry. In the case I do make the cut, is there any way to change the synopsis I wrote? I figure the synopsis is what any interested parties will see when requesting the screenplay, am I right?

Yes, somehow I managed to write, rewrite, and re-write a 100+ screenplay, and totally screw up my 1-paragraph synopsis. Argh!

Comment

Abi-

They'll see the title only if I'm not mistaken. I don't believe the comp gives out any info on the subject of the script.

If you do make the cut and get interest, you'll get a lot of people wanting a logline rather than a script at first. Best.
                              Last edited by zim; 07-25-2008, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X