Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nicholl 2008

Well, for the past two years, the press release has gone out the early part of the first week of October (Oct. 5, 2006 and Oct. 4, 2007), so it is likely that the phone calls are already completed and the notified finalists asked to remain somewhat mum until the press release hits the street.

Not saying that's gospel or trying to be negative, but that also mirrors my experience from '06.

Comment

Originally posted by acquaformosa View Post
      Well, for the past two years, the press release has gone out the early part of the first week of October (Oct. 5, 2006 and Oct. 4, 2007), so it is likely that the phone calls are already completed and the notified finalists asked to remain somewhat mum until the press release hits the street.

Not saying that's gospel or trying to be negative, but that also mirrors my experience from '06.

I must say I actually do agree with you--that the calls are done. It was fun to hold out hope for an hour or so, though!

Comment

Assuming for a nanosecond that our assumption is correct (and it might not be), turn your attention to those things you can be proactive about. As soon as the announcement goes out this week (can't remember if Greg transmits the overall list in conjunction with the Finalists announcement):

- get ready to leverage what is a damn fine accomplishment
        - be ready to maximize whatever buzz you get
        - look forward to what will likely be several (10? 20? more?) requests for the script

But I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

Comment

Please don't say that finalists have been notified yet! I would like to live in hope for a few more days at least...
          *sigh*
          Late Night Writer

Comment

Originally posted by TwelveMile View Post
            I hope you're right! (I'm waiting for my phone call, then. LOL!)
            I'm pretty sure I read the same blog you're thinking of, and he said he got the call on September 28 at 8:30 pm.

Being that it is currently September 28 and not yet 8:30 pm, I'd stave off the disappointment for at least a few more hours. And being that there is no guarantee the calls will go out on the same day every year, I really wouldn't believe anything concrete until October 1 rolls around.

Comment

Well the website said 'early October' which is why I'm assuming next week. And I'll keep thinking that unless Greg says otherwise.

Or unless someone posts on here that they were notified one way or another. That is how hope stays alive.

Teresa
              'Not all those who wander are lost.' ~ Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by TeresaMLA View Post
                Well the website said 'early October' which is why I'm assuming next week. And I'll keep thinking that unless Greg says otherwise.

Or unless someone posts on here that they were notified one way or another. That is how hope stays alive.

Teresa
                Of course. Anything is possible. And Greg's the man. Just overlaying my own experience with some of the current speculation.

Cue the music . . . everybody now . . . "Just what makes that little ole ant . . . think he can that rubber tree plant . . ."
                Last edited by acquaformosa; 09-28-2008, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by acquaformosa View Post
                  - get ready to leverage what is a damn fine accomplishment
                  - be ready to maximize whatever buzz you get
                  - look forward to what will likely be several (10? 20? more?) requests for the script
                  I appreciate the info and input Acqua... and agree with what you wrote above 100%.

Time to get busy and make sure that, either way, the achievement doesn't just sit there and gather dust.

I'd just rather know for sure if the notifications have gone out.
                  'Not all those who wander are lost.' ~ Tolkien

Comment

I pm'ed Greg on Friday. I figured if I didn't get the call by last Thursday, it was over. But as of Friday afternoon, Greg said no calls had been made and the finalists had not yet been determined.

I'm not prone to severe anxiety, but I'm actually losing a little sleep at this point. It's ridiculous to speculate, but that's pretty much what writers do. I'm guessing the calls will happen this week, after Rosh Hashanah and before Yom Kippur.

Comment

Originally posted by TeresaMLA View Post
                      I'd just rather know for sure if the notifications have gone out.
                      No letters have been sent. No phone calls have been made.

Comment

Originally posted by gregbeal View Post
                        Hope remains!

Thanks, Greg, for the update!

Comment

Hope Lives!!!!

Late Night Writer

Comment

Originally posted by gregbeal View Post
                            No bribe checks have been cashed?

Comment

For those still in the running, please consider reading this excellent tidbit from former poster Deus (ARMORED).

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ad.php?t=31353

EJ

Comment

Calls to finalists done? Anyone know?

Comment

Working...
                                X