Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nicholl 2008

I'm out, but it actually makes me happy to see that I can't advance with a first draft written in two weeks. I would have been disappointed in the Nicholl if they would have put it through. I was (am) amazed that the same draft got me into the IFP market so, no complaints. A more polished draft went out to contests with later deadlines.

Congrats to all who made it through and good luck in the coming months!

wenonah

Comment

Qualitycontrol, I feel your pain. I got a "bottom ten percent," too. With an additional, "Seriously, please stop."

That Greg, with his reverse psychology! He knows just how to motivate me. I had almost given up, but I'm in again, next May! See you there!

Comment

I got dinged. Top 10% anyway...good luck to all.

Comment

I got a letter but no note...oh well

Comment

Originally posted by grommet View Post
            Top 15%. Which actually made me pretty happy. I'm so glad that Greg includes that note.

Good luck to everyone else who advanced.
            Yeah it made me happy too.
            Norman Bates
            She just goes a little mad sometimes. We all go a little mad sometimes. Haven't you?

Comment

I still have not received a letter...

Comment

I got my letter Thursday. I'm in and happy about it!
                i'm not really a new user...

Comment

Originally posted by kimmie1111 View Post
                  I got my letter Thursday. I'm in and happy about it!

Woo-hoo!!! Congrats!

Comment

One script (a top 30 from last year) advanced. Two others (including a former semi-fi) didn't -- not even a nice note from Greg.

Go figure.

Good to have one in the running anyway....

LauriD
                    "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

You go, LauriD! Your writing rocks--remember that!

Comment

I didn't make the cut, but congrats to everyone who did!

Comment

Best of luck to the DD'ers who made the cut

EJ

Comment

Yeah, these things are so subjective - i entered three scripts - one was a semi-finalist last year (a top 30 script), another was a previous quarterfinalist, and the third was a previous top 10 percenter. This year - nothing.

So make sure to leverage any kind of placement here. Don't wait to "do better next year." You're not in this career to win contests!

That said, g'luck to all.

Comment

Received my letter about two weeks ago. Not wanting to let a rejection letter spoil a perfectly good Saturday, I threw the unopened envelope onto the floor of my car.

Later that day, as I was driving, I reached down and grabbed the envelope. After a couple of deep breaths, I braced myself for the usual "thanks, but no thanks" letter. Immediately, my eyes fell to the body of the letter and saw the first line of the second paragraph: "With 5,224 scripts entered, the initial round was extremely competitive."

"Damn, here comes the blowoff". Then I saw, "your script will be read by two judges..." WHAT??? =:O I quickly pulled over and reread from the beginning. What do you know, I made it to the Quarterfinals!

I noticed they asked me to confirm my contact information (what an ego boost). Did any of you that made it to the Nicholl QF in the past, ever receive requests for your scripts?

Also, how does Greg find the time to write so many comments (autopen?)?
                              Second Draft = First Draft less 10%
                              -Stephen King

Comment

In a letter from the the Nicholl Fellowship, the first word in the first paragraph is the most important. If it isn't "Congratulations," you didn't make it.

In keeping with that tradition, congratulations to all of the writers on this board who made it. And best of luck to those who didn't make it this year, but will have a better chance with their polished scripts next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X