• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nicholl 2008

But yeah, you got me on the ugly part.

Comment

Dammit, lips! I swear, man, I had written that you were the exception to the rule! I didn't write you were handsome, no frickin' way. But I swear I wrote the exception thing and I deleted it in my rewrite.

I'm gonna go post in the pitch your script now. Thanks for reminding me.

And good luck again. Go get 'em!

Corona
      I love you, Reyna . . .

Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!
      I ain't no punk b1tch...

Comment

just learned that this one guy got all the way to the quarterfinals a few years back for a script called "Babes With Guns." sigh. very depressing to hear that if the script's tone and subgenre are at all indicated by its title.

Comment

I haven't received my letter yet. Can anyone tell me if they herald good news as well as bad (i.e. should I rip it open or prepare a good stiff drink first)?
          Second Draft = First Draft less 10%
          -Stephen King

Comment

Yeah, they contain either good news or bad. They send out letters to those who made the next round and those who did not (I know this from experience four or five years ago, when I made the QFinals, but not the Semis).

Comment

The news finally reached Jerusalem --

Whiplash has advanced to the semi's for the second year in a row.

LauriD
              "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Originally posted by lordmanji View Post
                just learned that this one guy got all the way to the quarterfinals a few years back for a script called "Babes With Guns." sigh. very depressing to hear that if the script's tone and subgenre are at all indicated by its title.
                First off, I can imagine all sorts of scripts that could use a title such as Babes with Guns.

Second, only one script titled Babes with Guns has ever been entered into the Nicholl competition. It was many years ago, and it did not advance to the quarterfinal round.

Comment

My best friend made the semi-finals at Nicholls. He didn't make it past the first round of TWO categories at Austin. It depends so much on the luck of the draw, and who that first reader is.

But we aren't complaining, very excited to hear the finals announcement.

'Not all those who wander are lost.' ~ Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by gregbeal View Post
                    First off, I can imagine all sorts of scripts that could use a title such as Babes with Guns.

Second, only one script titled Babes with Guns has ever been entered into the Nicholl competition. It was many years ago, and it did not advance to the quarterfinal round.
                    sure, i agree a script with that title could actually be good, just like danger beach but chances are...

and on point two, im disappointed in the guy who should be publicly flogged.

Comment

So Greg....

Next week for the finals announcements? Phone or mail?

Anxiety ridden minds want to know.
                      'Not all those who wander are lost.' ~ Tolkien

Comment

I'm thinking the phone calls have already been made, which would mean I did not make it into the finals. I imagine the letters get mailed next week, and that the finalists already know who they are.

Comment

What makes you think so?

Comment

The timing of last year's phone calls, which was Thursday, Sept. 28. Letters went out the following Monday. I'm guessing that that "near-the-end-of-the-week/beginning of the week" pattern is going to hold for this year, too.
                            Last edited by TwelveMile; 09-28-2008, 03:32 AM. Reason: For clarification.

Comment

I would guess that the September 28 is more important than the Thursday in that equation.

Comment

I hope you're right! (I'm waiting for my phone call, then. LOL!)

Comment

Working...
                                X