X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nicholl 2008

Originally posted by OntheBrink View Post
    Calls to finalists done? Anyone know?
    Come on! If you got the call, tell us. I know Greg asked you to keep it secret until the weekend, but we're your friends. You can tell us.

Comment

Are we officially out of the game??

I would love to know and just put my heart at rest...

Comment

I don't know. I'm just obsessing. Pure speculations says the calls happened last night or will happen tonight. Someone could always man up and ask Greg directly. I pm'ed him last week and don't want to nag.

Comment

yeah I know the feeling, I also don't want to be a pain in the ass... I got an e-mail yesterday saying they "should letters out soon" and to "hang in there". Bad sign?

Comment

You got an email??
            "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Yes but it was just a two line reply to one I had sent earlier in the day asking what the situation was.

Comment

I got a call last night. The guy said, "This is Greg Beal. Do you know why I'm calling?" And I was like, "I made the finals?!!" And then he was all, "LOL, no, loser!" actually verbalizing out the letters L-O-L, then he hung up.

I'm 90% sure it wasn't really him.

Comment

This is torture. Last year the press release with the finalists' names went out on Oct 3! I have heard nothing...no phone call.

So am I out?

Comment

Originally posted by Sinnycal View Post
                    I got a call last night. The guy said, "This is Greg Beal. Do you know why I'm calling?" And I was like, "I made the finals?!!" And then he was all, "LOL, no, loser!" actually verbalizing out the letters L-O-L, then he hung up.

That actually did make me LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Sinnycal View Post

Boy, that was mean. You can be 100% sure it wasn't me.

BTW, for many years calls and letters did not go out until October 7th or so. Some years, things come together quickly (i.e., the semi judges returning their scoresheets in a timely fashion) and in others it just takes longer.

Comment

Originally posted by gregbeal View Post
                        The accent gave it away. When I imagine the call, I always make you Australian.

Comment

Originally posted by gregbeal View Post

BTW, for many years calls and letters did not go out until October 7th or so. Some years, things come together quickly (i.e., the semi judges returning their scoresheets in a timely fashion) and in others it just takes longer.

Ah. I notice this time you did not say "No calls have been made, no letters have been sent..."

Comment

Letters are out.

Comment

So all the calls have been made?

Comment

Who knows Nancy? Only Greg and the Shadow know....

Onthebrink, are you saying you got a letter? Where are you located?

I hope calls have not yet been made, but I would assume that if the letters are out... the calls have been made.
                                'Not all those who wander are lost.' ~ Tolkien

Comment

Working...
                                X