Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nicholl 2008

SinnyCal, just send your script, and include a cover letter which states "Thank you for requesting my Nicholl Semifinalist script (and then give your script's real name)." Clearly they are requesting Nicholl semis, so they won't blink at this.

Make sure you write REQUESTED MATERIAL on the outside of the envelope or they might never see your cover letter.

For your own records, I would note this initial error on their part. One little mistake is no reason to turn down a rep. But if this is the first of many, you may want to go elsewhere. I've had flaky reps before and it is not fun.

Comment

I was told don't write REQUESTED MATERIAL on package because anyone can write that and they usually open everything... read the cover letter, then decide to trash or keep.

Cover Letter seems the most important thing.

Sinnycal -- you've gotten more than 1 request for someone else's script or just the one? Sounds like a form letter and they just cut/paste the wrong name... probably requesting all the Semi scripts would be my guess.

Kind of like when I have accidently sent the wrong name in an email because I went too fast and was shooting off 10 emails in a row.

Comment

I'm wondering exactly what the people who get the list see: title only? title + genre? title + genre + logline? or ?

Curious because people are getting varying numbers of script/logline requests... so what do the requestors have to go on?

And if they already get the loglines, why do they ask for them via email?

Greg?

L.
        "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

they just get name, contact info, and genre... logs aren't included on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by jsay View Post
            they just get name, contact info, and genre... logs aren't included on the list.
            And script title. Actual order in a Word table is:

Name/Script Title/Genre/Phone/E-mail.

We have never distributed loglines as I have always been leery of having hundreds of loglines sitting on executives', producers' and assistants' desks for a number of weeks or months. And perhaps sitting in a file for years.

Obviously, some selection is made on the producer/assistant end. Names or titles or genres or area codes? What matters most? I would guess title and genre.

Comment

This Nicholl fellowship competition is a big deal I take it?
              We Are Legion.

Comment

Originally posted by Raw_and_Vital View Post
                This Nicholl fellowship competition is a big deal I take it?
                it's the Dark Knight vs The Hottie & The Nottie

it's Meryl Streep vs Lindsay Lohan

it's Daniel Craig vs George Lazenby

it's what's outside your window vs reality TV

it's the grotto at the Playboy mansion on pajama night vs tapioca pudding day at Guatanamo Bay

yeah, it's big
                "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

Ha ha, I know. I'm actually looking forward to entering this sucker next year...
                  We Are Legion.

Comment

How are people doing post-Nicholl-announcement? Elated? Frustrated? Things moving fast? Slow? Not at all?

Comment

Working...
                    X