Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WB Writers Workshop

Applicants will be notified in writing by October 3, 2008. Interviews for semi-finalists will be held October 8-10, 2008.

So should the lucky finalists hear next week?

Re: WB Writers Workshop

Anyone got anything on this one? Feels like it should be this week for phone calls.

Comment

Still think we have a ways to go right? Maybe at least one more week -- could be wrong though... did anybody get a call yet?

From the WB Website

"Applicants will be notified in writing by October 3, 2008. Interviews for semi-finalists will be held October 8-10, 2008. "

-Zazzz

Comment

I guess this means you get a rejection around Oct 3 and if you dont you get a call around the 8th?

Comment

Seems to me if people get letters by next Friday, calls should start late this week, early next week...

Comment

Last year the official notification-in-writing date was October 8th, and calls went out October 5th, I think. So, if all goes according to schedule, I'm thinking early next week would be a fair estimate.

I myself am holding out for not a phone call, but a singing telegram. Just 'cause it'd be so jaunty. I could use some jaunt these days.

Hey, a girl can dream.
            The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter -- it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning. - Mark Twain

Comment

Well no call for me... anyone else? I'm thinking Wednesday calls will start if they are on time.

Comment

Just got my letter from WB

REJECTED!

But you know what's funny? My writing partner and I won an award for the script we sent in and have sent it in to Agents/Managers. It was the one of the two scripts that get us our meetings setup in the first place.... which just makes you kinda' go hmmmmmmm.

Last year, I had the fortune to meet Jane Espenson and then I asked her a question on her awesome blog (www.janeespenson.com). She said that with these contests "you are always trying to hit an imaginary target..." who knows what makes a judge or reader go YES! That's it!

But if 1200 people applied and they try to get it down to 6-8 -- the chances were really slim anyway.

Anybody hear back or get a phone call?

---Zazzzzz
                zazzo2003
                Regular
                Last edited by zazzo2003; 10-02-2008, 03:43 PM. Reason: Poor Grammar!

Comment

I got nothing, nor did my friend... well at least the letters are on time.

The calls must have gone out if the letter arrived... no one is getting is "way to go" letter are they?

Comment

No call or letter yet.

Comment

I just got the mail... nothing. I'm in NYC so maybe they haven't got here yet or that means something good... but I doubt it.

Comment

Got a call today! Yay! And someone on a message group I frequent got the call today as well. I didn't think to ask if all the calls had been completed by end of business today (sorry), so I don't know if more are to come or not. But I had just about given up hope, so until you have a letter in your hot little hand, don't assume the worst.

Best of luck to everybody.
                        The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter -- it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning. - Mark Twain

Comment

That's great! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats Jill!

What did you enter?

-----Zazzz

Comment

Thanks, guys! I entered a CLOSER spec. I am especially pleased because this is the spec I wrote in ten days, just to see if I could do something decent in time for the WB deadline. (Well, the WB deadline and the "could you write like you're on staff" thread here were the combined impetus. It all came together in the perfect storm of ambition, hubris, and flat-out insanity.)

Submitted the same spec for Disney, too, but I have never, ever advanced there, so my hopes aren't high on that front.

FYI, I have no idea if the calls today were exclusively drama or not, so sitcom calls may not even have started yet.

Not to get too One-on-One with you guys, but I've had a really difficult last couple of months -- my mom had triple bypass surgery and a valve replacement and has been in and out of the hospital repeatedly with complications, my car broke down and cost $1100 to repair, I'm being named in a lawsuit -- so this was really a good time to get a spot of good news. I've had a few good days here and there, but this was a real high point, and a much needed one at that! (Though the best high point is that Mom is doing well now, finally, knock wood.)

Thanks again for the congrats.

Comment

Working...
                              X