• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    qualitycontrol

• qualitycontrol
    replied
    Re: Disney

why obsess? do what I know, submit and forget. I am 100% confident I won't be getting a call from them. Do I love what I submitted? Yes. Do people I respect also love it? Yes. Will I ever get a shot? Not a chance.

Leave a comment:

• visvivalaw
    User

• visvivalaw
    replied

I'm pretty sure this week is THE week. Any time now...

Leave a comment:

• Colt45
    replied

Wow, are they even going through with it this year?

Leave a comment:

• visvivalaw
    User

• visvivalaw
    replied

I don't have any new info on announcement dates but I did finally hear back on my option situation (the script I entered has since been optioned and I wasn't sure if that would be problem). The answer was, no, it's not a problem, I don't need to withdraw. So now I can officially go back to waiting by the phone and freaking out whenever it rings.

Leave a comment:

• Colt45
    replied

I'm moving to New York in a couple weeks, so these guys better let people know what's going on.

Leave a comment:

• kahunadude
    User

• kahunadude
    replied

Originally posted by cvolante View Post
    (You guys are worse than a bunch of old ladies at a quilting bee! You can't spend your life hanging out at the mailbox waiting for Godot. Go live your life!!)
    Hey cvolante I introduce the silver threads....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS9TQ50LEz8

Leave a comment:

• visvivalaw
    User

• visvivalaw
    replied

Originally posted by cvolante View Post
    (You guys are worse than a bunch of old ladies at a quilting bee! You can't spend your life hanging out at the mailbox waiting for Godot. Go live your life!!)
    This IS how I live my life! Don't judge!

Leave a comment:

• diehardatthegetty
    User

• diehardatthegetty
    replied

Originally posted by writer0825 View Post
    Anyone that received an email from them about you'd be getting a call, can you repost what it said, or at least, what did it say in the subject line of the email?

Subject: Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah

Leave a comment:

• Ralphy W

• Ralphy W
    replied

Nothing to be done.

Leave a comment:

• cvolante

• cvolante
    replied

Leave a comment:

• writer0825

• writer0825
    replied

Anyone that received an email from them about you'd be getting a call, can you repost what it said, or at least, what did it say in the subject line of the email?

Leave a comment:

• writer0825

• writer0825
    replied

Great to know Vis, thanks for sharing that bit of news!

Leave a comment:

• kahunadude
    User

• kahunadude
    replied

"Hope is a good thing, Maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K30e...eature=related

Leave a comment:

• visvivalaw
    User

• visvivalaw
    replied

Interesting news: I have confirmed from a source at Disney that as of today (12/4/2008) they have NOT called any feature finalists. They're waiting for final approval on something and the calls will go out after that -- sometime next week or the week after.

Hope remains! Although I still have no answer to my other concern: is it a problem that the screenplay I entered has since been optioned?

Leave a comment:

• visvivalaw
    User

• visvivalaw
    replied

Exactly, morecaffiene, it is frustrating. I did sign an option agreement and then found that tidbit in the Disney FAQ after the fact. I sent an email a couple weeks ago asking if I need to withdraw from the contest and haven't heard a thing.

The only response I ever got was a few weeks back when I emailed asking when the feature screenplay finalists would be announced. They said mid-December.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X