• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    morecaffeineplease
    New User

• morecaffeineplease
    replied
    Re: Disney

Visvivalaw, I have kind of a similar situation. I've been offered a modest option (not enough to retire on or anything, but would pay my rent for a month) on my entry script by an indie director/producer. I'm stalling him because I can't find out whether Disney has picked feature (semi?)finalists yet.

I've emailed the program twice already but no one responds. I don't want to be a pest but I really need to know what's going on because if I'm out of the fellowship, I will take the option, but if there's still a chance at Disney, I will wait. Sure, Disney has the right to keep us in the dark if they want to but it's really frustrating! I've checked every single message board I can think of and there's no mention at all of the feature side.

Leave a comment:

• artisone
    Regular

• artisone
    replied

Originally posted by citybrave View Post
    I've heard nothing on the Disney feature side, but someone I know on the television side advanced and was asked to submit a photo. Is this standard practice in these things?
    The grooming portion of the contest is brutal. Neck beards need not apply.

Leave a comment:

• citybrave
    replied

I've heard nothing on the Disney feature side, but someone I know on the television side advanced and was asked to submit a photo. Is this standard practice in these things?

Leave a comment:

• jillybob

• jillybob
    replied

I have absolutely no idea if the feature category stuff is wrapping up too, sorry. I entered TV and so TV info answered my questions.

But the feature goings on may well be on a different schedule.

Leave a comment:

• visvivalaw
    User

• visvivalaw
    replied

Hmmm. That's for those who entered in the TV writer category. Are we sure that the feature writing category is on the same schedule?

Leave a comment:

• Bono
    replied

yeah! more heartbreak!

Leave a comment:

• jillybob

• jillybob
    replied

I heard third-hand (from someone on a yahoo group who read it on another website) that emails went out to finalists last week to schedule phone calls.

Aha. Here's the message board discussion:

http://screenandtvwriter.com/phpBB//...4&hilit=disney

Lemme know if the link doesn't work. Basically it says that emails went out Thursday for calls Friday and yesterday. Or some other approximation thereof.

Leave a comment:

• visvivalaw
    User

• visvivalaw
    replied

Hmmmm. Congratulations may be premature. The script of mine that was optioned is the same one I sent in as my entry to the Disney Fellowship. That might be a problem based on this from their FAQ:

Q: Who owns the rights to the materials that I submit for entrance to the Fellowship Program and/or materials that I previously created?
    A:
    You will retain ownership in such material. However, if you are selected as a Fellow, any material written by you prior to the term of the Fellowship Program and currently controlled and/or owned by you must be disclosed in writing and Disney and ABC will have an "Exclusive First Look" at such material whereby Disney and ABC shall have the option to purchase such material from you in accordance with the policies and terms outlined in the Fellowship Program contract.

Leave a comment:

• cvolante

• cvolante
    replied

Congratulations!
    I checked on their website and it says "2009 writing fellows to be announced soon."

Leave a comment:

• visvivalaw
    User

• visvivalaw
    replied

Based on what I've heard I don't expect to hear from them for about three more weeks. But who knows?

In other news, I optioned a screenplay today! I know that's not relevant to this post but it just now became official and I'm really excited.

Leave a comment:

• writer0825

• writer0825
    replied

Anyone get a call from them?

Leave a comment:

• Colt45
    replied

I'd imagine they'd be calling this week, as it's the week before Thanksgiving.

Leave a comment:

• jsay
    replied

i think if I see Disney calling, i'll just let it roll to the machine... yeah... definitely... keep 'em guessing...............

.............unless I chicken out.

Leave a comment:

• Colt45
    replied

I can't believe they would put you on the spot like that. What if you're in a meeting, getting your tooth pulled, or having sex?

And mid December seems a bit late doesn't it? Doesn't the fellowship start in January?

Leave a comment:

• writer0825

• writer0825
    replied

So sounds like those of us that entered should just be on our toes from now till around the beginning of December and be ready to answer questions if ANYONE from Disney calls us.....so if your caller ID shows a number starting with 818 area code, be ready (LOL!)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X