Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disney

i think if I see Disney calling, i'll just let it roll to the machine... yeah... definitely... keep 'em guessing...............

.............unless I chicken out.

Comment

I'd imagine they'd be calling this week, as it's the week before Thanksgiving.

Comment

Anyone get a call from them?
        "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Comment

Based on what I've heard I don't expect to hear from them for about three more weeks. But who knows?

In other news, I optioned a screenplay today! I know that's not relevant to this post but it just now became official and I'm really excited.

Comment

Congratulations!
            I checked on their website and it says "2009 writing fellows to be announced soon."

Comment

Hmmmm. Congratulations may be premature. The script of mine that was optioned is the same one I sent in as my entry to the Disney Fellowship. That might be a problem based on this from their FAQ:

Q: Who owns the rights to the materials that I submit for entrance to the Fellowship Program and/or materials that I previously created?
              A:
              You will retain ownership in such material. However, if you are selected as a Fellow, any material written by you prior to the term of the Fellowship Program and currently controlled and/or owned by you must be disclosed in writing and Disney and ABC will have an "Exclusive First Look" at such material whereby Disney and ABC shall have the option to purchase such material from you in accordance with the policies and terms outlined in the Fellowship Program contract.

Comment

I heard third-hand (from someone on a yahoo group who read it on another website) that emails went out to finalists last week to schedule phone calls.

Aha. Here's the message board discussion:

http://screenandtvwriter.com/phpBB//...4&hilit=disney

Lemme know if the link doesn't work. Basically it says that emails went out Thursday for calls Friday and yesterday. Or some other approximation thereof.
                The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter -- it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning. - Mark Twain

Comment

yeah! more heartbreak!

Comment

Hmmm. That's for those who entered in the TV writer category. Are we sure that the feature writing category is on the same schedule?

Comment

I have absolutely no idea if the feature category stuff is wrapping up too, sorry. I entered TV and so TV info answered my questions.

But the feature goings on may well be on a different schedule.
                      The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter -- it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning. - Mark Twain

Comment

I've heard nothing on the Disney feature side, but someone I know on the television side advanced and was asked to submit a photo. Is this standard practice in these things?

Comment

Originally posted by citybrave View Post
                          I've heard nothing on the Disney feature side, but someone I know on the television side advanced and was asked to submit a photo. Is this standard practice in these things?
                          The grooming portion of the contest is brutal. Neck beards need not apply.

Comment

Visvivalaw, I have kind of a similar situation. I've been offered a modest option (not enough to retire on or anything, but would pay my rent for a month) on my entry script by an indie director/producer. I'm stalling him because I can't find out whether Disney has picked feature (semi?)finalists yet.

I've emailed the program twice already but no one responds. I don't want to be a pest but I really need to know what's going on because if I'm out of the fellowship, I will take the option, but if there's still a chance at Disney, I will wait. Sure, Disney has the right to keep us in the dark if they want to but it's really frustrating! I've checked every single message board I can think of and there's no mention at all of the feature side.

Comment

Exactly, morecaffiene, it is frustrating. I did sign an option agreement and then found that tidbit in the Disney FAQ after the fact. I sent an email a couple weeks ago asking if I need to withdraw from the contest and haven't heard a thing.

The only response I ever got was a few weeks back when I emailed asking when the feature screenplay finalists would be announced. They said mid-December.

Comment

Interesting news: I have confirmed from a source at Disney that as of today (12/4/2008) they have NOT called any feature finalists. They're waiting for final approval on something and the calls will go out after that -- sometime next week or the week after.

Hope remains! Although I still have no answer to my other concern: is it a problem that the screenplay I entered has since been optioned?

Comment

Working...
                                X