Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disney

Vis, your source have any idea why not till January? Have they made the calls for the feature side?
    "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Comment

It's my understanding that no calls to feature contestants have been made yet. The TV side is all done but the feature side is taking longer than expected for some reason.

Comment

Just got an email saying I didn't make it in the TV side, but I knew that a month ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
          Just got an email saying I didn't make it in the TV side, but I knew that a month ago.
          Are you entered in features as well?

Comment

Originally posted by visvivalaw View Post
            Are you entered in features as well?
            You can only enter 1. Or at least, thems the rules.

I'm out of TV too.

Comment

Just got this email from them after I asked if they've decided yet:

We haven't as we are running behind and hoping to have made our decision in January.

Happy Holidays.

K.

Comment

Damn. Rumor confirmed, then. No decisions until sometimes next month. Will my sanity last that long? Tune in next week to find out.

Comment

Thanks for updates visvivalaw.

Do you have any info on why the delay?
                  Were there an unexpectedly large number of feature entries this year?
                  "You become what you think about all day long" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I'm not sure. I did hear something about them getting a late start because of the writer's strike but I find that a little hard to swallow at this point.

Comment

Thanx for the updates!

Everybody who's upset at the delay, just keep in mind it's good news! It means we're all still in the running.

(Even if sometimes it feels like pulling a band-aid off really sloooow....)

Comment

I'm with you morecaffeineplease, the fact that they haven't yet chosen means we all may still be in the running. I'm looking at the positive.

I'm assuming this means they haven't even made the calls or done the in person interviews for the feature side yet? What's holding them up is what I was wondering too. Wasn't the deadline the same time for both the film and television (or it was pretty close in proximity I believe), so if they've decided on the TV end, then somehow I'm thinking the strike wasn't an issue, or it probably would have been for both TV and Film.

Anyhoo, sitting her tapping my pen, working on other projects, trying to keep from thinking about it......it's HARD! Seems like it would be such a cool program to be in.
                        "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Comment

More delays.

I just emailed to ask what was going on and this was in the auto-reply:

"Due to circumstances beyond our control, we have delayed our selection process and are hoping to make our final decisions in January/February of 2009."

It may be several weeks more before we hear anything, looks like. Damn.

Comment

I think they just can't make up their minds and are going to take ALL of us!

Comment

Originally posted by cvolante View Post
                              I think they just can't make up their minds and are going to take ALL of us!
                              I was afraid to say it out loud but that does seem like the obvious conclusion. That's why I'm looking for an apartment in L.A.

What part of town is Disney in?

Comment

Tomorrowland!!

Comment

Working...
                                X