X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cvolante
    replied
    Re: Disney

I think they just can't make up their minds and are going to take ALL of us!

Leave a comment:

• visvivalaw
    replied

More delays.

I just emailed to ask what was going on and this was in the auto-reply:

"Due to circumstances beyond our control, we have delayed our selection process and are hoping to make our final decisions in January/February of 2009."

It may be several weeks more before we hear anything, looks like. Damn.

Leave a comment:

• writer0825
    replied

I'm with you morecaffeineplease, the fact that they haven't yet chosen means we all may still be in the running. I'm looking at the positive.

I'm assuming this means they haven't even made the calls or done the in person interviews for the feature side yet? What's holding them up is what I was wondering too. Wasn't the deadline the same time for both the film and television (or it was pretty close in proximity I believe), so if they've decided on the TV end, then somehow I'm thinking the strike wasn't an issue, or it probably would have been for both TV and Film.

Anyhoo, sitting her tapping my pen, working on other projects, trying to keep from thinking about it......it's HARD! Seems like it would be such a cool program to be in.

Leave a comment:

• morecaffeineplease
    replied

Thanx for the updates!

Everybody who's upset at the delay, just keep in mind it's good news! It means we're all still in the running.

(Even if sometimes it feels like pulling a band-aid off really sloooow....)

Leave a comment:

• visvivalaw
    replied

I'm not sure. I did hear something about them getting a late start because of the writer's strike but I find that a little hard to swallow at this point.

Leave a comment:

• scavenge
    replied

Thanks for updates visvivalaw.

Do you have any info on why the delay?
    Were there an unexpectedly large number of feature entries this year?

Leave a comment:

• visvivalaw
    replied

Damn. Rumor confirmed, then. No decisions until sometimes next month. Will my sanity last that long? Tune in next week to find out.

Leave a comment:

• Colt45
    replied

Just got this email from them after I asked if they've decided yet:

We haven't as we are running behind and hoping to have made our decision in January.

Happy Holidays.

K.

Leave a comment:

• qualitycontrol
    replied

Originally posted by visvivalaw View Post
    Are you entered in features as well?
    You can only enter 1. Or at least, thems the rules.

I'm out of TV too.

Leave a comment:

• visvivalaw
    replied

Originally posted by Bono View Post
    Just got an email saying I didn't make it in the TV side, but I knew that a month ago.
    Are you entered in features as well?

Leave a comment:

• Bono
    replied

Just got an email saying I didn't make it in the TV side, but I knew that a month ago.

Leave a comment:

• visvivalaw
    replied

It's my understanding that no calls to feature contestants have been made yet. The TV side is all done but the feature side is taking longer than expected for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• writer0825
    replied

Vis, your source have any idea why not till January? Have they made the calls for the feature side?

Leave a comment:

• visvivalaw
    replied

Bad news. This could be way off and maybe they will announce today or any second now, but I have an unofficial source that tells me it wouldn't be surprising if they didn't announce until sometime in January.

I hope this is wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Colt45
    replied

I'm not obsessing, I'm curious. I barely think about this contest. But every couple weeks I get curious.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X