No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nicholl Winners! Congrats!!

And just think.

Tonight is the Awards Ceremony/Dinner in Beverly Hills. Ya think he'll have any fun?

Comment

Down some whiskey and make an ass out of yourself for me, Lee!

Comment

Thanks so much, guys. Literally just got back to London from an 11-day whirlwind tour of LA. It went great -- how great we'll see in the coming days.

The awards ceremony was a great mixture of fun and anxiety. [Note to self: not preparing a speech you know you're going to have to give is a baaad idea.]

Drank a whole lot -- it didn't help that I ended up as the last speech of the night -- and ended up winging it. Definitely made an ass of myself but I had folks laughing -- the short Entertainment Tonight piece backs up my blurry recognition of that at least -- so didn't totally crash and burn.

twitter.com/leespatterson

Comment

Cant wait to hear what happens in the future, Lee!

Comment

Originally posted by -XL- View Post
            Thanks so much, guys. Literally just got back to London from an 11-day whirlwind tour of LA. It went great -- how great we'll see in the coming days.

The awards ceremony was a great mixture of fun and anxiety. [Note to self: not preparing a speech you know you're going to have to give is a baaad idea.]

Drank a whole lot -- it didn't help that I ended up as the last speech of the night -- and ended up winging it. Definitely made an ass of myself but I had folks laughing -- the short Entertainment Tonight piece backs up my blurry recognition of that at least -- so didn't totally crash and burn.

Is this ET piece on the web anywhere?

Comment

Hysterical! Sounds like an amazing experience. Wish I could've been a fly on the wall for your speech, Lee.

Comment

I am late to the party again, but huge congratulations. The Nicholl is absolutely one of the greatest achievements a writer can achieve. Looking forward to your future work.
                We're making a movie here, not a film! - Kit Ramsey

Comment

Curious, if you're a winner in the Nicholl and get to go to the presentation dinner in LA, do they fly you out there and pay for accomodation, or do you have to cover that yourself?

Comment

Unless something has changed recently, they fly all finalists -- even the ones who aren't "winners." And the following is all paid for by the Nicholl cabal, though there might be other things I've forgotten:
                    • Round-trip air fare (from wherever you happen to live)
                    • Hotel lodging (for the week)
                    • Some carrying-around money (perhaps a per diem sorta thing - just some "hot- cash I guess)
                    Note: All finalists know in-advance who has been selected as a "fellow-, which helps those who need to prepare a speech for the Awards Dinner. Also easier to enjoy the awards dinner if you already know the results of the voting.

Comment

That is very cool of the Academy.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

More congrats: BUTTER just placed third on the Black List.

Yay!

Comment

And Eric Nazarian's fellowship-winning script GIANTS placed pretty well on the Black List too.

Couldn't happen to two better guys.
                          twitter.com/leespatterson

Comment

Working...
                          X